Chapter 37 : A movie night ( Part 1 )

4 Days Later...

Camila's POV

It was the weekend night. Justin had promised me that he would be picking me up at 8. I decided to wear a white long sleeve shirt with a black cardigan and a pair of navy blue jeans. I glanced at the clock and it was already 7.45. I quickly wrapped a royal blue hijab around my head and hurried myself downstairs.

"Hey, honey." my mom smiled when she saw me running downstairs.

"Hey, mom." I walked towards her who was sitting on the couch to give her a hug.

"MasyaAllah! You look very beautiful. Are you ready to go?" she looked pretty impressed with my appearance. I've already told her that I'm going out with my friends during the weekend for a movie night.

"Thank you, mom. Yea. I'm ready to go. I'll be back before 11, okay?" I assured her and walked towards the front door.

"Okay, honey. Have fun!" she called and I shut the door behind me.

When I got out of the house, I saw Justin was lounging against the front bumper of his car in the driveway. He was wearing a grey shirt with a black leather jacket and a pair of dark jeans. He was dressed all in black for the night. I gotta admit that he looks stunning.

"Well well well. You look gorgeous, babe." he was eyeing me from the top to bottom when I approached him.

"You don't look bad yourself." I stuck my tongue out.

"Sure." he kept his chin lifted as always.

"Shall we?" he opened the door for me and I climbed into the passenger's seat. He shut the door, jogged over to the other side and climbed into the car.

Justin offered Adam and Derin a ride as well but Adam turned down his offer. He insisted that he would be fine driving his own car and Derin should come with him. We were planning to meet at the cinema.

"We're here." Justin said when we reached the cinema. The cinema is huge and has the biggest screen in the country. I've only been here once with my parents and also Mia.

"We should wait for Adam and Derin." I suggested and Justin nodded. He leaned against the seat with his eyes on me.

After a few minutes of awkwardness, I broke the silence. Justin looking at me like that it felt kinda creepy.

"What are you looking at?" I glance over at him.

"Nothing. I was just thinking."

"About what?"

"When are you gonna be mine perhaps?" his eyes never left mine.

"What does that make any difference? You still can't do anything to me."

"That's not the point, Camila."

"Then what?"

"I'm just saying that I like short girls. When I was back then in England, girls are much taller than here." he smirked.

"So what? You're tall. You can't possibly say that you've found a girl that was taller than you. You're 6'3 for God sake." I lifted my eyebrows.

"What I mean is...I prefer girls that are short and small." he simplified while resting his elbow on the car door.

"Why is that?"

"So that I can toss them around when..." he paused all of a sudden.

"Yes?"

"Never mind. You don't wanna know." he looked the other way.

"You're right. I don't wanna know." I shook my head in disbelief. What does he mean anyway? I think it's best if he keeps it to himself.

"Perfect time." Justin said when he saw Adam's car pulling over and we both got out of the car.

"Hey, Derin." I gave her a hug when she approached me.

"Hey." she smile nervously probably because of Justin. I've never told her that I already knew about Justin blackmailing her to get my number. I guess I totally forgot about that. That sure explains why she spit out her juice at the cafe the other day when I told her that he texted me.

"Let's go." Justin said and we made our way into the cinema.

The cinema was pretty crowded with family and their children and bustled with life and noise. I looked up to Justin and saw the disgusting expression on his face. I got the feeling that he's not into this family thing especially children. I'm positive that he doesn't like children. I'll ask him that later. I thought to myself.

They've also introduced Cafehouse, a unique concession stand serving fancy beverages and light snacks for customers who want to enjoy their movie with something other than the usual popcorn and soda combo.

We made our way to the ticket counter and picked out the horror movie 'Lights Out'. Despite the rush at the counter we got the tickets for balcony. I'm a fan of horror movies but actually I do get scared sometimes. Silly!

The movie was about a young woman named Rebecca who left home to leave her childhood fears behind. She was never really sure of what was real when the lights went out at night. Now, her little brother Martin is experiencing the same unexplained and terrifying events that jeopardized her safety and sanity. Holding a mysterious attachment to their mother, a supernatural entity has returned with a vengeance to torment the entire family.