Chapter 81 : 3 Days

3 Days Later...

It's been 3 days since I last talked to Justin. 3 days have gone by without a single word from him. I didn't think I would survive another day without knowing that he's okay.

For me, a day without him it's like a year without rain. I've missed him so much but I just knew that he's alright. The doctor probably wants him to get enough rest and make sure that the healing process is complete before he can go home.

Every once in a while, I would grab my phone and started scrolling through some pictures of him in the gallery, trying to memorise his handsome face one more time.

When I was scrolling through the pictures, my eyes apparently landed on a picture of him during our graduation day. The picture was taken by me when we went for a last stroll through our high school before it's over.

 The picture was taken by me when we went for a last stroll through our high school before it's over

I still remember how fine he looked in the tuxedo. I was laughing to myself when I recalled him saying that he hated wearing formal clothes and going to formal events. He was complaining about how miserable his life would get when he had to act normal and stop being himself just to blend in with his surroundings during certain times. I found out that it was a hard thing for him to change from who he was in the past.

When I first met him at school, he was arrogant and completely rude. He was never less than arrogant. He never cared about anyone else but himself. The day he became famous at school was the day he left humanity for good. That was the reason why I called myself a high schooler who didn't want to leave the house. But...

Somehow he changed. FOR GOOD!

He wasn't the old him anymore. He left the arrogant, selfish and rude Justin Walker forever since we've became friends in high school. Once there was a smirk on his face, that has become his only face to the world. However, he changed himself for the better.

It's weird...

Every time I think of him, my hands seem to have a mind of their own as they reach over to my neck where the letter 'J' is hanging proudly around it.

The moment I hung that beautiful thing around my neck, that was the start of it all. I never imagined how far we've come together after encountering all of those obstacles on our way, in high school and our daily lives. Even though he is not here with me right now, in time I've learned new skills to cope, I always do, I am a survivor after all. In our tough times, I knew that I still love him, that I'd come running if he ever need me, but for now our paths diverge and every step is heavy. Why is everything so heavy?

Justin's POV

I found myself lying in the hospital bed, cold and lonely. I missed her soft touch, her arms that I dreamt were wrapped around me as much as I missed the smell of her. I missed her when was gone, but it was only now that do realized how much she meant the world to me. Not seeing her for a day had been tough enough like it was a living hell. But today...