Chapter 31 : Happy Birthday!

I reached home at 10.45 in the morning. I quickly dug out my keys from the pocket and saw Adam's car was in the driveway when I approached the front door.

"What is he doing here?" I whispered to myself and went inside.

"Surprise!!!" everybody yelled as soon as I stepped foot inside the house. My mom, Mia, Adam and also Derin were all there together to celebrate my birthday. That explains why Adam's car was outside in the driveway.

"Astaghfirullah! You guys nearly gave me a heart attack." I said, rubbing my chest which the spot where my heart belongs.

"We're sorry but it's your birthday, honey." my mom apologised and smiled.

"Yea." I heard Mia said under her breath.

"Happy birthday, beautiful!" Derin approached and pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you. Thank you all so much!" I bit my lip to hold my tears. Gee. I'm so lucky to have these wonderful people in my life.

"I bought you a cake. It's chocolate. You're favourite, honey!" my mom said and led me to the kitchen table to have a look at the cake.

The cake was pure chocolate. It had a pure milk chocolate inside and out with a crumbled layer of red velvet around the outside. Another feature of the cake was a chocolate lining of icing on the top edges. This lining was covered in thousands of rainbow sprinkles. There was a writing on the top of the cake with fresh strawberries to bring that celebratory colour and freshness. It's just the way I like it!

"It's perfect, mom." I said, placing a kiss on her cheeks.

"Of course, dear."

"Everybody please sit down and let's have some cake." she called to everyone who was in the living room.

We gathered around and took our seats at the table. We grabbed ourselves a piece of cake and enjoyed it together while chatting animatedly. This is good enough for me. I wouldn't ask for anything more than this. I blurted to myself.

After we finished enjoying the cake, we all gathered in the living room for me to open my presents. I already put Justin's present on top of the cabinet so that no one would see it and asked thousands of questions. Thank God he gave me the bag as well or else everyone would see that it was a jewellery box.

I opened my mom's present first and she gave me a new scarf. It was black and decorated with crystal beads. It was so beautiful.

"I like it very much. Thank you, mom." I said, holding out the scarf.

"You're welcome, dear." she smiled.

Mia handed me her present. I opened it and saw a baby pink sweatshirt with my name written on it. Yup. One of the fun facts about me. I'm in love with sweatshirts since kindergarten. This is just perfect!

"I know you love wearing sweatshirts. So I've decided to give you one for your 18th birthday." she shrugged her shoulders.

"You know me well." I giggled.

"It's my time." Derin cheered and handed me a blue box with a white ribbon wrapped around it.

I opened the box and saw an Eiffel Tower keyring with crystal rhinestones. Oh, how Derin and I always talk about going on a vacation to Paris one day. In sha Allah!

"Paris? Our dreams haaa?" I smirked while holding out keyring.

"Of course." she laughed.

"Thanks, Derin." I put the keyring back in the box and she smiled.

"Adam?" I looked at him and he gave me a pink box with a big red ribbon bow on it. It was heavy when I lifted it.

I opened the box and saw a white music box that was decorated with red roses and stars in it. I took the music box out of the box. I eased open the lid and a sweet and peaceful music was playing. I looked inside it and the rest of the box was divided into three little compartments and one slightly larger. A small ballerina was attached to a small spring in the middle of the box.

I raised the box to get a better look at the ballerina. She wore a dark blue tutu, which matched the blue shoes and a small rose was tucked behind her ear. Her tiny lips were painted a beautiful deep red and her eyes were closed. Her right arm was raised, and her left was extended out to the side. She was lovely.

"It's beautiful. Thank you, Adam." I smiled.

"Don't mention it, Camila."

After the party was over, we helped to do the dishes and clean up the house a little bit then Adam and Derin left. I took down Justin's present from the cabinet and excused myself to my room.