Chapter 19 : Are you drunk?

I was soaking wet when I finally reached my house. I unlocked the door and went inside. The house was still empty which indicated that my mom and my sister were not home yet. Alhamdulillah. I didn't want them to see me like this. They would probably be wondering why I was soaked to the skin.

I hurried myself to my room and took off my hijab also the rest of my clothes to dry them off. I jumped into the shower right away before I catch a cold. The sensation of the cool water calmed me and took my mind off of him.

I got out of the bathroom and checked the time on my phone. It was already 5 in the evening and my stomach was grumbling but I wasn't feeling like eating anything at the moment. I have lost my appetite after arguing with that jerk back then so I lied in my bed and fell asleep.

***************

The sound of my phone buzzing beside me interrupted me from my exhausted sleep. I grabbed it and saw an incoming call from an unknown number. I didn't pick up on the first ring but it rang once more after that. I sighed and picked up on the second ring.

"Hello? Who's this?" I asked while yawning.

"Camila?" a familiar voice came through the phone made me abruptly rose up in bed.

"Justin? Is that you?" I asked for confirmation. I'd swear to God that was his voice. Where did he get my number anyway?

"Yea. Why are you doing this to me, Camila?" he was slurring his words like a drunk. Maybe he was drunk after all. Oh God! What now?

"Are you drunk?" I asked.

"What's it to you?" he slurred.

"I'm just curious. Where are you?"

"It doesn't matter. I gotta go now." he said and hung up.

"Justin? Justin! Damn it!" I cursed. What's got into him? I'm tired of this shit!

After a few seconds, I received another call from the same number and I quickly picked up.

"Hello? Justin?" I answered but someone else's voice came through the phone.

"Hello? Is this Camila?" he asked. Who is he? How did he know my name? I thought.

"This is she. Who's this? Where's Justin?"

"This is Steve. Justin's friend. Can you come over, please? He's totally drunk right now." he told me. Allahu! Why is this happening to me? I was concerned actually but at the same time I was scared that it might be one of his stupid jokes again.

"Come over? Why?" I asked.

"Justin hasn't stopped calling your name. Can you please come over here?" he sounded desperate. What do I do?

"Okay. Calm down. Where are you? I'll come right over."

"I'll text you the address." he said and hung up.

After he hung up, I checked the time on my phone and it was already 7. I fell asleep for like 2 hours. I was on my period so I forgot to set the alarm. I rushed downstairs and grabbed Mia's car keys on the kitchen table.

"Mia? I'm taking your car!" I called and she came running downstairs.

"What? Where are you going?" she was concerned but I didn't have the time to explain it to her so I just got out and shut the door behind me.

I climbed into the car, turned on the engine and started driving. I heard my phone buzzing in my pocket and dug it out. I saw a text which was probably from Steve. I unlocked my phone and saw the address that he sent me. I put the address on the GPS and it started to navigate me.

After 30 minutes later, I finally arrived in front of what appeared to be a mansion. It was so big. MasyaAllah! I didn't know Justin was rich although he did drive a BMW to school. It all made sense now.

I got out of the car and started walking towards the mansion. A while later, I saw a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes was running towards me. He must be Steve who called me on the phone just now.

"Are you Camila?" he asked while still panting.

"Yea. Where's Justin?" I asked.

"He's at the pool in the backyard. Come with me." he demanded and I followed him.