Chapter 68 : I'm Home

Hello! 👋🏻
Alhamdulillah my book has reached 10K reads and 1K votes! 💕
I'll be writing more books in the future, In sha Allah ❤️
Thank you for your support and please keep on reading my books! 🌈

Camila's POV

"What are we gonna do?" I asked him when we finally arrived at my house.

"I'm not sure, Camila." he sighed in frustration, resting his forehead against the steering wheel.

A few seconds later, he lifted his head and glanced over at, "I guess we'll have to tell them the truth this time."

"You mean..."

"Tell them about us?" I asked for confirmation.

"Yes and..." he trailed off, I already knew what's coming up next but it was so heavy for him to blurt it out.

"I'm gonna tell them about what my mom had done to you. It's very unacceptable, Camila." his eyebrows plunged together. No matter how bad he talks about his mother, I know from the bottom of his heart that he will always love her.

I slight of sympathy began to form inside of my heart. I don't want him to lose his mother too. He had lost his father when he was 16, I'm not gonna let everyone take his mother away from him too. It's just too painful for him. I couldn't stand seeing him suffer once again. I JUST CAN'T!?

I quickly grabbed his shirt the moment he was about to get out of the car. He turned around and looked at me confused. He sat back down on the driver's seat while waiting for my explanation.

"I don't want you to lose your mother too." I whispered.

"What..." he didn't get to finish his sentence when I cut him off.

"I know it sounds stupid, okay? But trust me on this. You have nobody else here. Where are you gonna go if your mom is in jail? What's gonna happen to you? Please?" I practically begged him to listen to me, gripping his shirt firmly.

"No way, Camila. This is not fair for you and your family." he barked, slowly beginning to show his stubbornness.

"Please..." I pleaded, my eyes were begging for mercy and he sighed in defeat. I knew wouldn't resist my puppy eyes.

"So what's your plan? What are gonna tell them?" he asked, resting his head against the seat.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that. I got this." I tried my best to reassure him although technically I was still thinking about what I'm gonna say to them. I have to come up with a good explanation. FAST!?

"I don't know what to do with you." he shook his head in disbelief.

"What?"

"I think I should be grateful that God gave me the most beautiful girl that I could ever ask for to be my girlfriend. Not to mention, with a heart of an angel." he lifted his eyebrows at me. The words that came out of his mouth was so natural like it were made just for me. Sort of.

"Well well well, someone is blushing here." he teased me and I looked the other way to hide my smile of embarrassment from him.

"Seriously, Camila. Do you really wanna do this?" he asked for the last time. He looked into my eyes and I nodded.

"I don't know what to say to you." he shook his head.

"What would I do without you?" he whispered, pulling my head against his chest.

"Hmmm..." I hummed, taking in the sound of his heart beating rapidly inside his chest. THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SOUND IN THE WORLD.

"Are you ready?" he asked.

"I'm ready." I said, pulling my head away.

"Let's go." he said and we both got out of the car at the same time.

We were walking together side by side to the front door. I gazed up at him and he gave me an encouraging smile. I recited the Bismillah before opening the door slowly.

The moment I stepped my foot into the house, my heart was racing inside my chest and my stomach felt like it was filled with jumping jellybeans. I walked past the door and saw my mom, Mia, Adam and Derin were all gathering in the living room, waiting for my return.

I heard the sound of my mom crying and Mia was sitting next to her on the sofa, rubbing her back to soothe her. Adam and Derin on the other hand were arguing with each other over my disappearance.

"I think we should go out and look for her. She could be anywhere by now. We'll check the malls, the restaurants and the subways. I don't care! Any place the she might be." Derin half yelled, placing both of her hands on her head. She was beginning to drive herself crazy as well. Gee. I don't know how Derin could worry so much about me.

"Mom?" I said with a cracky voice and all their attention landed on me who was standing innocently at the door.

"God Almighty!" she shouted before making her way towards me and I found myself landed safely in her arms again, bringing back the feeling that I missed so much. I thought I would never see her again.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT I'M FINALLY HOME!?

"Are you okay, honey?" she grabbed both of my cheeks and I placed my hands on hers.

"I'm okay, mom." I reassured her and before I knew it, tears began streaming down my face. I couldn't hold it anymore.

"Where have you been? Why didn't you answer any of my calls? Why didn't you come back..." she asked like a thousand questions until I wasn't able to answer any of them. My head spinning the entire time.

"I...I...I was..." I murmured. Honestly, I don't know where to begin. The memory of me being kidnapped by those men hit me like a thunderstorm. It was the most scariest nightmare I've ever had in my life.

"It's okay. You're here with us now. You don't have to rush yourself. Let's have a seat." she stroked the back of my head and led me towards the kitchen table.

I turned my head around and saw Justin was following me from behind. He didn't dare to look at me in the eye anymore because the guilt in his heart was haunting him the moment he agreed to let me handle this. What he had done he could not undo.

Mom pulled a chair for me to sit and she took her seat approach from me. Mia then plopped down next to her.

Adam and Derin on the other hand didn't join us, they remained in the living room instead. Maybe they thought this was a family discussion but that didn't stop Justin from joining us at the table. He took his seat beside me, adjusting his seat closer to mine.

"Mom? Do you mind if Justin sit with us?" I asked her.

"Of course not, honey."

"Uh, and thank you, Justin. For bringing my daughter back home safely." she thanked him with a smile that reached the eyes.

"It's no problem." he said, relaxing his eyebrows.

"Can you tell me where you found her?" she asked Justin and he glanced over at me. What's wrong with him? I'm the one who is supposed to explain everything to her and not Justin. This is not his plan. STUPID!?

P.S : I'm gonna be updating a chapter about Justin and Camila when they spend a night together looking at the stars. MAKE SURE THAT YOU GUYS ARE EXCITED FOR IT?! ❤️