Chapter 39 : I love you

Justin's POV

"You know what? I..." I shhh her before she could even get to finish her sentence by putting my index finger on my lips. I was leaning closer towards her and the little gap between our seats became narrower.

I stole a few moments to stare at her just to take in how beautiful she is. And, for an instant, I stared directly into her eyes. They're blue-green, a shade that shouldn't exist on the human body, I shaded I immediately craved, a shade that made my heart beat a little bit faster almost as if I recognised it. It's the most beautiful pair of eyes I've ever seen. Even from this distance, her eyes are simply remarkable.

"Don't you even realize how beautiful you are right now, Camila?" I whispered and I could feel her breath on my face. If I move a little bit further, our nose would be touching.

"Justin?" she called. Her glowing eyes locked to mine and her breath quickened.

"Just say it..." I said, breathing in this moment.

"I think...You should take me home." she said, pressing her lips together nervously and her eyes were reflected with fears. It was like I could hear the sound of her heart began to beat faster and faster in her chest every time I was anywhere near her.

I pulled my head away slowly and leaned against my seat with both of my hands rested on the steering wheel for a couple of seconds before starting the engine.

"I'll take you home now." I said, glancing over at her.

"Okay." her voice was low.

A few seconds later, I started driving in silence. I glanced over at her every once in a while and I noticed that she looked pretty nervous as there was a unusual frown on her face.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yea. I'm fine." she forced a smile.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Go on."

"Was it true when you said that you've never had a boyfriend before?"

"That's true. Never." she crinkled her nose while shaking her head.

"Why?" my eyes still fixed on the road.

"I don't know. I guess I've never met a decent boy before." she shrugged her shoulders.

"What about Adam? He seemed nice." I lifted a brow at her.

"I told you. Adam is more like a brother to me. He's nothing more than that." she sighed, massaging her temples.

"Alright. Calm down will ya? I was just asking." I raised my hand for her to calm down.

"Fine." she leaned against the seat with her arms crossed.

"And you said something about your religion. You told me the other day that your religion forbids you from having any physical contacts with the opposed sex. Am I right?" I asked for confirmation.

"That's right. So?" she raised both of her hands in front of her.

"So you mean that you've never been touched by any guy before?"

"No. Never." she shook her head.

"You mean never like never?" I sounded like an idiot for God sake. Fuck! I shouldn't be asking her that. She's a Muslim and I know that Muslims doesn't do that kind of shit.

"Justin!" she looked at me with frustrated eyes.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry." I rubbed my forehead.

"Lucky me!" I said under my breath. Holy! She has never been touched by any guy before? No guy has ever seen her before? Does that mean I'm her first and probably gonna be her last? Wow! I'll never gonna let her go. Ever!

"What was that?" she tilted her head.

"Nothing important." I lied to drop the subject. She's gonna fucking kill me if I tell her that.

"Okay." she looked away.

"Here we are." I said, pulling into the driveway.

"Finally! I'm tired." she stretched a little bit before opening the door.

"Hey?" I called and she turned around.

"What?" she frowned.

"I love you." I smirked but still keeping my chin up.

"Yeah. Nice try!" she narrowed her eyes at me while sticking her tongue out and shut the door. She immediately ran towards the front door and went inside.

"Nice try? She thought I was joking about it. Shit!" I mumbled to myself before pulling out of the driveway and started driving home.