20~You Got a Friend in Me

I'm not going to go into graphic details of the injury, but let's just say there was a lot of blood and inflammation; and now I was sort of wishing I'd bought a pair of tweezers from the store as well to remove some glass.

It was a good thing that I brought lots of bandages of all sizes because looking more closely at the wound as I began to clean it and work on it, the injury wasn't just one cut. It was multiple deep incisions due to the proximity of the window shattering.

Throughout the entire process Jungkook didn't even stir which was both a slight relief as well as concerning for me.

The silence dragged on as I continued to treat and bandage one wound at a time. It felt like some invisible pressure was pushing down on me and I almost wanted Jungkook to stir and make some snarky remark.

"This is terrible!" I finally exclaimed, needing to release some of my pent up tension.

"What's terrible?"

"ACK!" I jumped a little, smacking my head on the roof of the car in the process. Instantly a small headache sprouted. "Ouch," I groaned.

Jungkook flinched slightly at my rather rough gesture on his arm but he still remained unconscious. The voice had come directly through my ear and I realized it was no other than...

"Taehyung give me some warning before you just start blabbing in my ear," I snapped sourly. "You just gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry," his voice sounded anything but sorry. "But what's going on Love Genie? What's terrible?"

I resumed my job as 'Doctor'. I was now about halfway done with his arm. "Jungkook's unconscious and injured and I'm trying to not get too squeamish."

"Jungkook's injured?" A grave tone entered Taehyung's voice. "What happened?"

"An exploded window happened," I sighed. "I'm surprised you guys don't know about the car chase. I had the Micro-Comm on the entire time and Jungkook and I kept yelling at each other."

"Oh we knew there was a car chase that's for sure," Taehyung replied.

I stiffened a little. "Then why the heck didn't you say anything?"

"Well, first, we wouldn't really have been able to really help you anyways since we're not in the car or anything," his deep, rich voice remained steady. "Plus, there's also the fact that despite all of Jungkook's turns and roundabouts, he still knew where he was going and still driving in the right direction out of the city."

"I wouldn't call it driving," I muttered under my breath. Just recalling all the sharp twists and turns was giving me a slight headache on top of the literal headache I had.

"Second, we actually did try talking— to you specifically since you're the only one with the earpiece in," now amusement flickered in Taehyung's voice. "But you were too busy shouting and screaming to hear us through the Micro-Comm."

"Oh," I flushed a little.

"But how is Jungkook?" Seriousness reentered Taehyung's voice. "He isn't in critical condition is he?"

"No," I shook my head even though Taehyung couldn't see me. "But he did lose a lot of blood. I think we're going to need to stop by a motel sooner or later so I can properly use water and tweezers or something."

"I'm looking at your location right now," Taehyung informed me. "Can you find Jungkook's phone?"

Great, more groping around.