35~ Red Agents

[Narrator's POV]
Namjoon shifted uneasily in his seat as people swarmed all over the house, searching every corner and crick and cranny.

He, as well as the other members, were sitting around the dining table. They weren't tied down or anything, yet, but there were lots of guards clustered around them ensuring to cut off any escape.

Jimin squirmed a little in his own seat like a 5-year old when a certain female Red Agent walked past. Namjoon wanted to clap a hand over his forehead as he recognized the agent to be one Jimin had a massive crush on a several years ago.

"Kim Namjoon."

Everyone straightened abruptly when an especially tall agent appeared. This man was perhaps in his early-thirties, a hard look on his face. His hair was cropped in soldier-like haircut and on the sleeve of his uniform were three gold bars signaling the high ranking of this man.

"Park Seo-Joon," Namjoon sighed heavily. "Long time no see."

"And who's fault was that, hm?" Seo-Joon demanded, not caring for any pleasantries.

"Look man, you can't really blame us can you?" Namjoon tried to appear as calm as he could on the outside. "We were dubbed renegades. What else were we supposed to do? Just surrender ourselves?"

"Yes," Seo-Joon snapped back angrily. "That would've been the right thing to do! Instead you guys ran off like a bunch of criminals."

"Because you made us criminals," Namjoon burst out. "We were innocent! We were injured on one of your missions and framed. I wasn't going to just sit around let us be taken cold-blooded."

"Let's just calm down two Joons," Jin chuckled nervously next to him and tugged at Namjoon's arm. "Please sit down."

"You don't even realize why we were tracking you down," Seo-Joon exhaled. "If you'd let yourselves get captured, you might have had a chance of our forgiveness. Instead you just ran like cowards."

"You thought we killed all those people on purpose," Yoongi now piped up from across the table. "You thought our allegiance was to Dexter's gang and wanted to nab us for interrogation. But we have no information, and we would've just been tortured for no reason."

"But now you have information of Dexter and his group right?" Seo-Joon pressed. "Because if you don't I have no clue what you guys have been doing for the past five months since April other than getting thrown into an Imperial prison."

Namjoon pursed his mouth.

"Speaking of which," Seo-Joon paused and blinked. "How the heck did you guys even get out of the Mongolian prison? When word of your arrest came to us were going to fly in and take you ourselves, but instead we got a bunch of disoriented prison workers saying you somehow escaped."

No one said anything.

Seo-Joon rubbed his head, closing his eyes briefly. "Namjoon," he said quietly, "We were once on the same team. I don't like being the antagonist here any more than you do. But when it comes to upholding the law and protecting the country and its people, I have to abide by it. Now, start talking before things get really ugly."

Namjoon took a deep breath. "We had Dexter's location and deployed one of our agents to find him. But the location just disappeared a few hours ago and we've lost contact with our agent."

"Really?" Seo-Joon arched a brow. "The location just coincidentally disappeared right before we showed up, huh? And you've conveniently lost contact with your agent you sent out?"

Hoseok buried his face in his hands, exasperation written all over his face.

"And speaking of, you mentioned one agent was sent. You're missing two members." Seo-Joon looked around. "Where's Kim Taehyung?"