41~ Locked Up...Again

"Free you?" I blinked. "What do you mean? How do you free a Genie?"

My thoughts once again flashed to Taehyung. He'd claimed to somehow freed himself.

"Quite simple concept," Tyson stood up. "For a Genie such as yourself, you have to right the black crime you committed into becoming a Genie. So because you killed me out of hate, the only way you could free yourself as a Genie would be if you loved me."

"Ew, what?" I wrinkled my nose.

"Exactly," Tyson snorted. "It's impossible for you to free yourself. But for me to become free... since I was killed cold-blooded and became a Genie that way, the only way to free myself is if I kill you."

I paused. "But you can't," I said slowly. "You don't have my lamp for one. Second of all, you can't kill another Genie."

"You're right, but a human can," he grinned coldly. "Our destinies were interwoven from the moment we both became Genies. If we wish to free ourselves, Y/N, only one of us can be free while the other remain a Genie forever. You brought this upon us."

"But that's not fair!' I leapt up from my chair. "That was so long ago. You can't possibly hate me for something long ago that I did when I was clueless."

"But you still did it," he spoke above me. "If you bring me your lamp, Love Genie, I'll ensure your death be swift and quick by methods of destroying your lamp."

"Uh, thanks? And if I don't?" Uneasiness bubbled in the pit of my stomach.

Terminator smirked. "It's not hard to track down your little man, Jungkook, and take the lamp myself through more...harsh means."

I swallowed hard.

"I'll give you sometime to think about it," Tyson stood up. "24 hours max. Meanwhile, I might pay your Jungkook a visit anyways."

"Don't you dare touch him," I tried to lunge at Tyson as he walked towards the door.

Except it was like I hit some invisible wall, preventing me from strangling him.

"Ah, Y/N," Tyson chuckled, opening the door and glanced over his shoulder. "You're not allowed to harm another Genie."

And then he shut the door followed by a click of some lock.

I quickly tried the doorknob but my suspicions were confirmed: I was stuck.

"Crap!" I yelled, kicking the door. "Wait, think Y/N. Just get back into your lamp and you'll be with Jungkook again right?"

I closed my eyes and tried to bring calm in me, focusing on the connection between my lamp and I. Except...I felt nothing. My blood chilled. I couldn't find that string in me to bring me back to the lamp.

My guess was Tyson had done some weird spell or something severing any means of my escape.

"What do I do?" I whimpered, kicking the door again. Pain instantly flared up my ankle and I squeezed my eyes shut.

Look into your past if you can. It holds the answers you need to destroy the genie.

Taehyung's words echoed in me.

Yeah whatever. There was no way it seemed that I could destroy this Genie unless I somehow got ahold of his lamp. And who knew where that was. If anything I was going to be the one destroyed pretty soon.

Speaking of Taehyung, where was he? Where were his reinforcements? Did he really foresee all this? And if he knew about my past already, then why the heck didn't he just tell me? There was no way Taehyung could've foreseen all of this.