39~ Slenderman 2.0

The barn shed was made of rundown wood, mold growing in some places. Some places the rickety boards looked one second away from collapsing. The smelled inside reeked and made me want to gag. Not a sound could be heard. We were in a rural area, only dry fields stretching either direction.

Another thing I noticed was the deep dread seemed to only increase in my mind the further in I ventured until I was almost shaking in irrational fear. I was starting to doubt that it was me who was afraid anymore.

There was something, almost like some dark presence, that was shooting this deep-rooted fear through me.

The doors of the entrance to the barn were slightly open, and I slowly pulled them back, slipping in.

Inside, it was dim and looked just as abandoned inside as it did outside. Confusion flickered through me. Where was the supposed gang inside?

As I continued into the shed I began to hear voices. I followed the sound until I found myself at the far back of the barn. An empty horse stall was there, and my eyes landed on a small doorway.

Light flickered through it, and the voices were coming from there.

Of course, I thought to myself. They'd have a hideout in a hideout.

I quickly slipped through the doorway and followed a few steps downwards. The air grew colder and damper as the small stairway opened up to several rooms underneath the barn.

One of the rooms had pale light pouring out from it, and that's what the voices were coming from.

I paused at the base of the stairs.

Uh, so what now?

Why did Taehyung send me in here?

Maybe to just further scout out the area undercover? Maybe so when the reinforcements came we'd be able to find the location perfectly fine and stampeded the area instantly?

I stifled a small sigh and turned around to head back upstairs.

A shadow stood right behind me.

"AAAGHH!" I shrieked in surprise, staggering back, tripping, and falling to the ground hard. "Good baby llamas what the hell??"

The man had come from nowhere! He'd been standing inches behind me for who knew how freaking long like Slenderman 2.0.

"So you finally came," the man's voice was deep. But not rich like Taehyung. Instead it grated like rusty metal against rusty metal.

A brand new flood of irrational terror flooded through me.

"You can see me," I said slowly.

"Yes. I can." The man stepped forward so dim light fell across his face. For some reason he looked eerily familiar though I swore I'd never met him before. "After all this time."

Okay then. I stood up cautiously. Things were slowly clicking together here and there and I was beginning to have a strong hypothesis of who this man before me truly was. "You're that Genie Dexter summoned aren't you?" I asked quietly.

"Congratulations, so smart of you," the genie chuckled taking another step forward. His aura was a mixture with all sorts of colors I had no clue meant. But all the colors were dark, sinister. This guy was bad news.

"Thank you," I tried to keep my voice light as I desperately tried to find some way to escape.

It made sense though. This fear that was coursing through me was partly my own, but the black dread that had been haunting me ever since the night at the hotel had been caused by the presence of this evil Genie and his close proximity.