44~ April

Red Agents swarmed the area like a beehive.

Countless men were on the ground, arms clapped in iron behind their backs. Calls were being made and the barn was being swept through with thorough investigation.

Next police themselves showed up with German Shepherds and Belgian Malinois to further investigate and check every nook and cranny of the barn.

Medics had instantly taken in Jungkook. After a while, Taehyung found me in the midst of the organized chaos ensuing around us.

"Hey Love Genie!"

I turned around as the Oracle Genie appeared from the crowd. I stiffened slightly upon sight of what he was holding in his hands.

"Don't worry," he turned the lamp in his hands. "Evil Genie is dead asleep in here. You really put him out of his strength and power."

"But..." I cringed a little as Taehyung stopped a few feet away from me. The dark dread still crept up on me a little even when the lamp came too close to me.

"Trust me, Love Genie," Taehyung finally tucked the lamp in a small bag he was carrying over his shoulder. "The Evil Genie will be unconscious long enough for us to get it to Dexter."

"Why are we taking it to Dexter?" I demanded.

"So he can make the final wish with the genie," Taehyung smirked. "You're going to induce Dexter when we get back to make a wish for the Genie to never harm anyone again."

"You can do that?" I asked warily.

"Well of course," Taehyung chuckled. "Dexter has already made two wishes with the Genie. And because the genie is a Shadow Genie he can fulfill any wish. Any wish."

Smart, I grudgingly thought to myself. "You knew about my past. You knew what I was going to face when you sent Jungkook and I to the Genie," I accused Taehyung.

"Sort of," he finally looked a little guilty. "I didn't know how exactly close you and the Shadow Genie's pasts were intertwined. But I just knew you were the only one to be able to bring his downfall."

"He told me how one becomes a Genie and how one frees themselves from the Genie state," I looked at Taehyung directly.

Taehyung seemed almost ready to try and make some snide comment to avoid my question. But last minute he pursed his mouth and swallowed hard. "Let's step out of the way of everyone," he said quietly.

We both stepped into a far corner of the barn where there were hardly any agents. Taehyung took a breath. "Remember how I told you Jungkook practically saved my life once? After the April incident?"

I slowly nodded.

"He didn't." Taehyung stated flatly. "Well, not really. You see, Y/N, the April incident is this: we were closing in on Dexter's gang. The seven of us were assigned into one unit together. But we messed up big time with our plans."

Finally the "April incident" was coming to light.

"It was a car chase which got out of control," Taehyung took a deep breath. "And that lead to the death of 68 innocent civilians and no success of getting Dexter and his gang."

My eyes widened slightly. 68 innocents... dead. The real culprits had escaped with no harm. No wonder the Red Agents had kicked them out of the group and was hunting them.

It would've looked too suspicious to be coincidence in their eyes. It would've looked like Namjoon and his group was on Dexter's side.

"I lost control of my car," Taehyung lowered his head a little. "And I crashed into a building at over 100 miles per hour. I killed 45 of those people."