34~Heart to Heart

"'Look into your past, it holds all the answers'," I mimicked before scoffing in disgust. "I'm not some heroine or whatever. What is Taehyung thinking?"

Jungkook silently sped along the open highway as we quickly left the city behind. This brand new car was indeed quite an upgrade. The engine was silent and even though we were going close to 100 MPH the car was quietly cruising along smoothly.

"You good Seagull?" I finally glanced over at him.

"Taehyung... can't be a Genie," Jungkook breathed. "I've been with him for as long as possible. There's no way."

Yeah, I had a million questions about Taehyung as well. How was he a free Genie? How did he no longer need to deal with masters and three wishes? More importantly, was there really some way to escape the threat of the dark loneliness?

"Yeah, well, he is a Oracle genie," I huffed. "I saw the auras. It's not a hoax."

Turn left on the next exit, the GPS mechanical voice crackled.

"The GPS is leading us in a totally different direction from the original location," Jungkook mumbled. "Our destination is still almost 9 hours away."

"But Taehyung said he set it up," I leaned forward to observe the GPS closer. "Do you think he might have messed it up?"

"I dear God hope not," Jungkook groaned. "None of this makes sense."

"Welcome to the world of magic fellow Agent," I clapped a hand over Jungkook's shoulder.

"Wait," Jungkook swore and suddenly slammed on the brakes, steering the car to the side of the road.

"What is it?" I straightened, looking around like a meerkat.

"Where's the necklace?" he demanded, yanking off his jacket and searching through the pockets desperately.

"What?" I recalled the silver locket. "That locket?"

Jungkook nodded as he frantically shook out the jacket. "It's not here," he gasped in horror. His aura was shifting wildly, mirroring his panic.

"Why is it so important?" I frowned as Jungkook discarded the jacket and began to search his pants pocket. I grabbed the jacket and peered more carefully in the pockets.

"I can't lose it," Jungkook muttered under his breath like a mantra. "I can't lose it."

Something flashed, catching my eye. I quickly reached deep into an inside pocket of the jacket and pulled out the silver chain. "This is it right?"

Jungkook's head snapped up and relief flooded across his face. "Yes, thank God I thought I lost it!" He reached over and grabbed the necklace into his hands, exhaling in relief.

"Why is it so special?" I asked cautiously.

Jungkook was now taking deep breaths, eyes closed as he steadied himself. "It's nothing really," he mumbled.

"Oh nothing, oh okay," I tossed the jacket into the backseat, scoffing. "Yeah, nothing. That totally explains why you panicked like a turkey on Thanksgiving. Just say you don't want to tell me."

Jungkook quietly slipped the necklace around his neck and started up the car again, pulling it back on the highway. Dark clouds in the distance was building, signaling rain.

Great. Even the weather was reflecting the dark mood that was now settling in the car.

"It was my brother's."

I glanced over at him in mild surprise and peered at the locket that was now hanging around his neck, glistening. I would've thought the necklace seemed a bit too delicate for a male to wear, but who was I to judge on that?