Chapter 4: Lu Yifeng's Side

After a few more days, Xia Meilin and her son, Little Melon was finally discharged from the hospital.

Through Ji Ruo's guidance, Xia Meilin was able to take care of her son despite how hard it was.

As the little bun was growing up fine, Xia Meilin started to ecognize the features that were similar to Lu Yifeng when she searched for his photo on the internet.

Except for Little Melon's hazel eyes and brown hair which he got from her, he resembled Lu Yifeng a lot. Xia Meilin didn't mind that so much since she didn't have feelings for the man anyway. In fact, she hated him for raping her. She was only thankful to have Little Melon - the only good thing that came out of her bad experience. If it wasn't for Lu Yifeng, she wouldn't have had him.

To avoid her grandparents from recognizing his son's similarities with Lu Yifeng, Xia Meilin decided to leave for London.

Her grandparents tried to dissuade her from going, but she was adamant. They couldn't do anything since it was their granddaughter's decision.

"Xiao Mei, don't forget to call us upon arriving in London, okay?" Ji Ruo was on the verge of crying while she was carrying her great-grandson.

Xia Meilin chuckled a bit, "How can I forget something like that? Don't worry, grandma, grandpa, I'll call you as soon as I reach the ground."

Ji Ruo kissed Little Melon's forehead which made him smile cutely at her, showing his toothless gums.

"Do you really have to bring him?" Xia Jiamu asked with a heavy heart. If he could steal and keep the adorable child away, he would have done it already!

Xia Meilin took Little Melon from her grandmother, "He is my son, grandpa. I will not be able to sleep well if he's not with me you know."

Ji Ruo chuckled, "Shouldn't that be the other way around?"

----

Lu Yifeng was a cold-hearted and stoic man. But unlike the rumors that were spread about him, he was not a womanizer. The rumors were all because of his twin brother, Lu Xian Yu who was the total opposite of Lu Yifeng. If Lu Yifeng was ruling the business world, then Lu Xian Yu was ruling the underworld. He was known to be a bloodthirsty man who would always smile whenever he killed someone. He was also so powerful because of Lu Yifeng's backing, who would always cover up every dirty work that Lu Xian Yu did.

Due to the misunderstanding caused by the rumors, Lu Xian Yu was thought to be the cold, cruel and ruthless twin while Lu Yifeng was known to be the playful womanizer.

It had happened on that day, Lu Xian Yu asked his brother to attend a party for him since he was going to the hospital to have his weekly checkup. Although, that was just a cover-up to see a woman he gained interest with, Nan Yiyi.

Despite his cold facade, Lu Yifeng has always had a soft spot for his brother. He never complained when it came to standing in for Lu Xian Yu in anything even though it affected his reputation.