Chapter 14: A dangerous plan

Xia Meilin cried in her room in frustration and anger because of the threats that Lu Yifeng gave her. She didn't know how long she cried but when she was finally able to calm down, she went to wash her face in the bathroom.

After she did, she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She has naturally brown hair and hazel iris, her eyes were red and puffy, her lips and skin were pale.

"How pathetic, how weak... you can't even do something against that man." She told herself while she was staring in the mirror.

She clenched her fists tight, she was not like this whenever it came to others but seeing Lu Yifeng and being with him made fear get ahead of herself. "Stop fearing him. Stop."

If no one would protect her then who would? She could only stand up for herself and be brave. "He's just a human being like you, he's not immortal so don't be afraid of him."

She was trying to convince herself, she needed to be strong for her family and her son. She slapped her cheeks with both hands. "I will marry him for the sake of my family but I will not allow him to ruin me any further!"

Xia Meilin looked at her redden cheeks from the mirror before she went out of her room only to see her brother. "Sinian-ge..."

Xia Sinian looked at her and saw the puffiness of her eyes and how red her cheeks were. He was still angry but he couldn't do anything else anymore after he saw what his grandparents did to Lu Yifeng. He walked toward his sister and hugged her. "I'm sorry for disappointing you, Xiao Mei... I am such a useless brother..."

She was surprised by his sudden hug but because of it, she was able to feel the comfort she needed. Her eyes started to become misty again but she tried her best to stop herself from crying. "Sinian-ge..."

He pulled away and placed his hands on her shoulders. "No one will help us, even the police wouldn't be able to do so since we don't have solid evidence against him but I promise you, if you order me to kill him, I would."

She shook her head. Her life was already a mess, she didn't want to make to ruin her brother's life as well. "I don't want to make my brother a murderer."

Xia Sinian lowered his head and sighed, "Of all the people in the world, why does it have to be him?"

"We cannot change what already happened. Xiao Gua is too young to understand all these things... and besides, I just want my son to be happy that's why for the sake of my son, of our family, I will marry him."

He shot his head up and look at her in surprise. "Are you sure about this?"

She nodded, she has already made her decision. "Once I will marry him, I will find enough evidence against him. I am sure he has done more horrible things. Once I have a piece of strong evidence against him, even the police wouldn't be able to turn a blind eye to it. I will make sure to show his true colors to everyone and for me to do that, I need to enter his world."

"You hate him this much?" Xia Sinian asked as he stared at his sister.