Chapter 90: Forest Highway

Hearing the name of the man, Duyi and Bingxi's hearts started racing in fear. Didn't Bai Xiu Ying say that Lu Yifeng wouldn't be able to know this? He wouldn't be able to find their hideout. Although, when they turned their heads toward the door... they saw no one.

In that short distraction, Xia Meilin took that chance to run out. She started running as fast as she could out of that abandoned house. Her adrenaline was pushing her despite the pain she felt in her body because of Bai Xiu Ying's kicks.

"HEY!" Duyi quickly runs after her as he realized what she just did. She deceived them!

---

When Lu Yifeng learned about Xia Meilin's disappearance from Dong Hua, he practically went out of control in an instant. He ordered his men to lock Dong Hua up and torture him as a punishment for not guarding his wife well.

Lu Yifeng was surrounded by a deadly and menacing air as he watched the CCTV footage that was captured. There was a big and tall man, disguised in a worker's attire, waiting for his wife. He took his wife away and used the fire exit to avoid Dong Hua's sight.

Even with his calm and cold look, it was just a facade. He was panicking and worrying about his wife's safety. He didn't know where to look for his wife, or who took her. He didn't have any lead except for that CCTV footage.

No one was contacting him. If someone called him and asked for a ransom in exchange for his wife, he will be able to track the call... but that never happened.

He already sent his men to start looking for her, anywhere in the city or outside but without a lead, they weren't able to find her. They just keep on searching and searching.

"Please be safe..." Lu Yifeng clasped his hands together as he could only wish for her safety.

----

It was raining heavily outside, the surroundings were dark because of the dark weather. It was evening and this was something advantageous for Xia Meilin.

Xia Meilin's body was shaking so badly because of the cold weather, after all, she was only in her underwear. Her hands were still tied and so while hiding, she was looking for a stone with a sharp end. She used it and rubbed her rope on it. It took a long while before she was able to get free but she ended up having her wrists hurt in the process of it.

"Little missy, where are you?"

Duyi's voice was suddenly heard which made Xia Meilin's body shiver in fear.

She peeked and saw him looking around. He was drenched like her. But what caught her attention was the gun by his waist.

He didn't use it on her earlier since his goal was to get her back. "You know I can't go back without you, my bro will definitely get mad at me. Come on, show yourself. Aren't you feeling cold in this freezing weather? I can help you warm up~"

He continued walking while saying all of this. It was until he heard a loud 'thump' nearby.