Chapter 12: I can't accept this!

They arrived at Xia family manor where Xia Jiamu and Ji Ruo was already waiting at the entrance.

As they entered, Little Melon was being carried by Lu Yifeng in his arms. The little boy was so happy that he finally has a father. In a very short span of time, he was already attached to him.

When they reached the door, Ji Ruo and Xia Jiamu led them to the living room.

Both elders gave Lu Yifeng a glance and they couldn't deny the similarities the two have in their features.

Ever since Lu Yifeng woke the night where his brother gave him a call about Xia Meilin and Little Melon, Lu Yifeng made all the preparations needed, including meeting Xia Meilin's grandparents.

He admitted to them that he was the man who impregnated Xia Meilin. The Xia elders were startled upon learning that it was someone powerful, someone, from the Lu family. Ji Ruo almost fainted when she heard it from him. Lu Yifeng was there to receive their punishment for his sins.

To oppose someone like Lu Yifeng, Xia Jiamu didn't know what to do but Ji Ruo's anger flared up that she didn't even bat an eye when she gave him a hard slap. Aside from that, she called the Xia bodyguards and ordered them to beat him up and torture him. At first, Xia Jiamu tried to stop his wife but Lu Yifeng interfered by saying that he was there to ask for their forgiveness that's why he was willing to whatever punishment they would give him.

After hearing his words, the calm and collected Xia Jiamu erupted. Lu Yifeng received a good beating from the Xia elders, they vented out all the grudges that their granddaughter suffered. Although it wasn't just simple beatings that Lu Yifeng received from them...

Lu Yifeng endured the torture that they gave him. In order to gain their recognition, he was willing to suffer. Despite the whipping and the beatings they gave him every day when he visited, he never wavered. Seeing his determination and sincerity the elders couldn't refrain themselves to give him a chance, especially when they saw how persistent he was even if he was already at death's door.

Lu Yifeng was an adamant person, his resolution to take the mother and son was firm even if he has to undergo the consequences.

"Come here to grandma, Xiao Gua." Ji Ruo said with a smile.

Little Melon quickly jumped off from his father's hold. "Grandma!" He beamed with open arms.

Ji Ruo was so happy to finally see her great-grandson. She took Little Melon to her seat. He was like a fluffy bear made up of boundless energy that brought strength and happiness to her.

Xia Sinian was quietly watching from the sidelines. He was actually surprised by the calmness of his grandparents after seeing Lu Yifeng, it was as though they were expecting for him to come.

Xia Meilin had so many questions in her mind. Why were her grandparents acting as if they weren't affected by Lu Yifeng's presence? What was happening?

"Meilin, I want to discuss something with you." Xia Jiamu said with a serious look on his face.