Chapter 10: Uncle Sinian is a liar

Xia Meilin shook her head. "I am pretty sure it is Lu Yifeng."

She took out her wallet and brought out a piece of crumpled paper. When she opened it, it was the cheque that Lu Yifeng left back then. "This is his name and signature."

She didn't like to keep it, but she had thought that if one day she has to see Lu Yifeng in person, she would tear it apart in front of him. Who does he think he is? He can't use the money to compensate for that night! That one night has altered the course of her life forever!

Xia Sinian took the cheque and his eyes went wide at seeing Lu Yifeng's name and signature. Xia Sinian had seen Lu Yifeng's signature when he signed the contract between Xia Corporation and the Skyworth Company that Lu Yifeng was leading.

"Tell me, Sinian-ge, is it really the other way around? Lu Yifeng's the stoic man while Lu Xian Yu is the Casanova?" Xia Meilin asked. She was still adamant on believing what she just learned, she wanted to make sure that she got everything correct.

"Yes. Don't believe what the rumors are saying, most of them are incorrect." He gave out another sigh. Now that he gave it a thought, the rumors about Lu Yifeng being gay could be wrong too. "I still can't believe it's Lu Yifeng..."

She lowered her head, "Lu Xian Yu saw Xia Gua earlier... I think it would just be a matter of time before Lu Yifeng will learn about Xiao Gua."

"I really want to help you sue him but I don't have enough power or backing to do so." Xia Sinian held her hand with a downcast look on his face. He was her brother and yet he couldn't do anything for her in fear that the company he worked hard would be destroyed in one night."I'm sorry, Xiao Mei..."

Xia Meilin had a gloomy look on her face but she tried her best not to be low-spirited. She needed to be strong, especially for her son. "It's okay. I know that I will not be able to escape him forever... I just don't know how to face him when the time comes... I have hated him all these years... I still do... But I can only do that..."

Xia Sinian felt sorry for his sister since she didn't do anything to deserve any of it. It made him more guilty for being a useless brother.

"You're a famous figure, you can report him to the police and the media. The netizen will surely support you. Besides, this cheque and your son can be used as a piece of evidence against him." He offered.

She glowered at the thought. "No. If I do that, Xiao Gua's reputation as my son will be ruined. Everyone will start seeing him as a 'rapist's son' and I don't want that. I will protect my son no matter what. I will never allow someone to ruin him even if I have to sacrifice myself."

"Xiao Mei..." Xia Sinian stared at Xia Meilin's determined look. When he saw her this way, he knew that she was serious about it. She really loved her son so much...

If that was her decision then Xia Sinian could only support her. Little Melon was like a double-edged sword for Xia Meilin but even if that was the case, he knew that Xia Meilin was willing to give up her good reputation just to protect her son.