Chapter 70: Suffer a great loss?

When Feng Ning left, the atmosphere around Lu Yifeng and Xia Meilin was awkward. Lu Yifeng wasn't saying anything and that was making her feel more guilty.

"Y-Yifeng... I'm sorry for not telling you about this." Xia Meilin apologized in almost a whispering voice.

Lu Yifeng was still quiet. He continued eating while putting some food on her plate from time to time.

She pursed her lips as she looked at him. She turned back to her food and decided to continue eating.

After they finished the food, Lu Yifeng wiped his lips with a napkin before he stood up and started walking towards the exit of the restaurant.

Xia Meilin was in a panic. She ended up paying for the food before she hurriedly ran after him. "Yifeng, wait!"

Su Lei opened the door of the backseat for his boss.

Afraid that he was going to leave her, she quickly entered the car and sat beside him.

"Yifeng." She held his arm, "I'm really sorry."

But still, he gave her a cold shoulder.

Su Lei gulped nervously. Will his madam be able to pacify the boss? He started driving back to the company.

"Yifeng, Yifeng, Lu Yifeng!" She started shaking his arm.

When he turned his head to her, he gave her a cold glare which silenced her up. But even with that, she refused to let go of his arm. "Yifeng... please don't act this way. I'm really sorry you know."

In the end, Lu Yifeng continued to give her a silent treatment which was starting to get her worried. Lu Yifeng may be a quiet person but he would always give his attention to her, he has never ignored her like this. She was not used to this silent treatment he was giving her.

He was quiet until they arrived at his company. She followed him while she continued to hold his arm, never letting it go.

The workers in the place were stunned when they saw a beautiful woman, walking beside their boss.

It was the first time that they saw someone standing close to their stoic and cold boss. They all knew their boss was married to a famous pianist, but... it was their first time in seeing their Boss Lady in person! They look so good with each other! A handsome man and a beautiful woman together was candy for everyone's eyes.

Lu Yifeng's office was on the topmost floor of the building. As they entered the private elevator that Lu Yifeng would always use, it was quiet between them.

Su Lei took the public elevator. He didn't want to be a third wheel for Lu Yifeng and Xia Meilin. If they ended up doing something in the elevator to makeup, he didn't want to see it!

Since Xia Meilin couldn't take it anymore. Xia Meilin went in front of him and cornered him, kabedon style. It was funny since she was cornering a person that was taller than her.

Lu Yifeng couldn't help but raise an eyebrow in amusement as he looked down at his small wife. She looked like a kitten who was trying to corner a big lion.

Even though with this reaction coming from him, his lips were still sealed.

"Tell me, what can I do to make you forgive me?" She glared at him, "I know that it's my fault but if you were there, you would have ruined everything!"

Indeed, he would have ruined everything by not allowing Feng Ning to speak.

'Ding!'

The elevator doors slide open. She didn't want to let him go but because they have reached the floor of his office, she moved aside while sulking. He still wasn't speaking to her.