Chapter 35: Lu Yifeng Past Sins (4)

The overwhelming pain he felt was like torture for him. Lu Yifeng stared at the tombstone in front of him.

It wasn't just one, it was two.

He looked so pale and thin since he was sleepless for days. The day where Xia Meilin died was haunting him over and over again and while he was grieving for the death of his wife, the News about Lu Xian Yu being killed reached his ears.

Lu Xian Yu's death was one year after Xia Meilin's death and the sad thing about it was that Lu Xian Yu was killed the same month and date that Xia Meilin took her own life.

Lu Yifeng haunted the people who killed his brother only to know that there was a woman who helped them reach him. Lu Yifeng tried searching for the woman who was behind Lu Xian Yu's death but he couldn't find her.

Aside from that, Little Melon was now hating him and blaming him for his mother's death. Because of the grief that he was feeling, Little Melon became weak. He refused to eat and he became so depressed after learning about his mother's death. It was until he was brought to the hospital by Jing Yue that Little Melon was saved.

The sky was dark and it was raining heavily. He was there since it was Xia Meilin's second death anniversary while it was the first death anniversary for Lu Xian Yu.

Lu Yifeng was the only man there, he was standing alone as the rain poured down on him.

Was it wrong to love her? What did he do wrong? He just wanted her to love him, he just wanted to make her his, he just wanted to have her all by himself but... how did it end up like this?

He couldn't help but think that the death of his brother was his punishment.

While Lu Yifeng was recalling the days he was with his brother, he didn't realize that a man was quietly approaching him from behind.

With one swift move, Lu Yifeng was stabbed. The pain on his back surprised him and he ended coughing out blood.

The man took back the knife from his back before he kicked him.

Lu Yifeng fell on the ground, on top of Xia Meilin's grave. When he raised his head to look at the man who attacked him, his eyes went wide.

Xia Sinian!

Xia Sinian's eyes were full of fury. In a blink of an eye, he was already on top of him. This time, he stabbed Lu Yifeng on his chest. "You bastard! YOU KILLED MY SISTER!!!"

Xia Sinian didn't stop there, he repeatedly stabbed Lu Yifeng on his chest as he kept on shouting, "MY SISTER DIDN'T DESERVE THIS!!! All this time, I was waiting for a chance to kill you but... but... I was too late! YOU KILLED HER! YOU KILLED HER!!! How does it feel to have your brother taken away from you too, huh?"

Xia Sinian was crying but in the next moment, he was laughing. "I killed him, Xiao Mei. I killed him for you... I'm so sorry if big brother came late... I'm sorry, Xiao Mei. I promise you... I will not rest until I destroyed everything he has!!!"