Chapter 40: You're still a softie

As Xia Meilin waited by the villa's entrance, a black Maybach arrived in front of her.

The butler opened the backseat door, waiting for her to enter. "I will drive you to your destination."

"Thank you." Xia Meilin entered the car and sat on the backseat.

The butler named Dong Hua went back to the shotgun seat and told the driver the address to where Xia Meilin was going.

"You're coming?" Xia Meilin was surprised.

"Yes, madam. It's the master's order that I should follow you wherever you go from now on." Dong Hua said politely. "I am here to make sure of madam's safety."

Dong Hua was the butler that Lu Yifeng assigned for Xia Meilin. Every servant in his place were highly trained fighters and Dong Hua was one of the best fighters amongst the butlers. Although he has a family of his own, his family was working in the main house of the Lu family in Guangzhou.

Xia Meilin couldn't argue with him, she was Lu Yifeng's wife now, if she went out without any bodyguards with her, she could be put in danger.

As she sat there quietly, she recalled the kiss Lu Yifeng gave her which made her unconsciously touch her lips.

His lips were cold but soft...

Her cheeks reddened as she thought of his kiss. Why was she acting this way? She hasn't forgiven him yet! And besides, wasn't she supposed to be in the process of healing from the trauma he gave her? He shouldn't have taken advantage of her!

But... she didn't really felt scared or nervous when he did that... although she was surprised and she got angry, she didn't hate him because of it because it was actually Little Melon who requested for the kiss.

But why does it have to be lips? He could have kissed her on her cheek instead. She pouted at the thought of it.

While she was in the backseat, she started to think back on what happened to her four years ago. She was drugged by her close friend, Lin Qingge, and was sent to a hotel room.

She was drugged and Lu Yifeng took advantage of her. She furrowed her brows as she realized something.

Now that she has gotten to know Lu Yifeng more, she started to realize that something doesn't add up in what happened four years ago. What if he was really innocent? What if he really didn't know that she was drugged?

Lu Yifeng was supposed to be a man who avoided women, right? According to Lu Yifeng's personality, if he really was a decent man... he wouldn't have done that.

She would only be able to know the answers to her doubts if she talked things straight with Lu Yifeng. She should go and try to ask him why he did that to her, right?

"Madam, we're here."

She was snapped out of her thoughts by Dong Hua's voice.