Chapter 21: A Terrifying Marksman

Knowing that they wouldn't be able to stand a chance if they attacked one by one, they charged forward like jackals towards him.

Lu Yifeng stood indifferently in the same spot and didn't move an inch when he saw the people charging towards him. He boldly stood his ground just like a calm lion watching his prey on the move.

It wasn't until those men almost reached him that he turned on his toes subtly. He gripped the person who was close to him and threw him directly at another attacker like he was throwing a sandbag. He turned and a 'bang' reverberated through the air as he did a spinning kick. The man closest to him didn't even have time to make a move and flew back from the kick.

"Ah—" Blood spewed out of the man's mouth and he fell unconscious in an instant because of his powerful kick.

There were twelve highly trained men but in the end, they didn't even have the power to fight back. They were sent flying one after another.

Lu Yifeng's face the whole time was blank and his eyes were cold as a menacing atmosphere surrounded him. Because of his powerful movements, the wound on his body reopened. Blood started oozing out of his bandaged body which later on was visible on his shirt.

The eyes of a bald and burly man lit up. Lu Yifeng was injured!

He moved swiftly and pounced onto Lu Yifeng from behind.

Seeing that he was completely unaware, the baldy was elated.

Bang!

A loud gunshot echoed throughout the place. Blood flowed out of the bald man's head before he fell over, dead.

The men in suits were surprised by what happened. They instantly turned their heads towards where they heard the sound of the gunshot but they weren't able to see a thing because it was dark. Their cars' headlights were pointing toward one side only so it was impossible to light up the whole warehouse.

They never expected that Lu Yifeng had a companion hiding in the dark. They pulled out their guns and pointed it towards Lu Yifeng.

"Whoever you are, come out or he dies!" A man shouted as he pulled out his gun. They were ordered not to kill Lu Yifeng but if his companion was Lu Xian Yu then they no longer need him.

Lu Yifeng's face was pale because of blood loss. If it went on any longer, he would certainly faint, but he tried to hold on with a calm look on his face. Although, he also wondered who the person in the dark could be.

It was until following gunshots were heard. Blood flowed out of the foreheads of the men that had guns, their eyes opened wide in shock as they fell on the floor soon after the other.

Xia Meilin's eyes were sharp even in the dark. She was fast and her accuracy was also terrifying. The range at which she shot was precisely the maximum shooting range of the gun she used. Extraordinary speed plus advanced calculations and astonishing precision, her skills as a marksman were amazing!

Xia Meilin was always good at handling guns. Having a grandmother who was once in the military was the reason behind this.

She didn't think twice in killing those men. She was said to be a kind woman but she knew when to be ruthless and cruel to her enemies.

She wasn't that way back then but during her earlier years, when Xia Meilin and her brother were taken in by their grandparents, Ji Ruo taught them everything she knew, from handling guns to fighting. Ji Ruo wanted them to be strong enough to be able to protect themselves.

Though for Xia Meilin, she was never good at fighting with fists since what interested her the most were the guns. Who would have thought that she was actually a genius in handling a gun?

Her grandmother taught her that if she were to be in a dangerous situation, showing hesitation to her enemies would get her killed. It was always either going to be: kill or get killed. Xia Meilin learned that the hard way, it was during the time where she got kidnapped with her brother one time, during her first-year high school.

In the dark, with footsteps as light as a feather, Xia Meilin walked towards the light and showed herself while she points the gun that Lu Yifeng gave her to the two men who she left alive.

"Put your weapons down if you want to live."

The two men who were left took a step back instinctively. Their eyes filled with fear when they saw how threatening Xia Meilin look. One was holding a knife while the other was holding a bat.

They couldn't believe that all that time, it wasn't Lu Xian Yu who fired at them, it was actually a fragile looking girl, a weak girl like her killed their companions! With her speed and accuracy, she was able to kill their companions while hiding in the dark!

They placed their weapons down and kicked it away from them.

Why leave them alive? It was because she knew that Lu Yifeng would need them for interrogation. She wanted Lu Yifeng to owe his life to her so that she could use it against him if things went wrong with her plans. Surely he wouldn't do harm to his savior, right?

Lu Yifeng was surprised to see that the person who saved him was his wife. He never knew that Xia Meilin knew how to use a gun. His eyes lit up and were full of admiration for her, he couldn't help but feel proud of her

When she saw Lu Yifeng's shirt drenched with blood, Xia Meilin started panicking. He was hurt? She was so focused on the men around him that she didn't realize that he was bleeding! If he died then Little Melon would definitely be depressed! She saved him for Little Melon's sake so he was not allowed to die!

She quickly went to Lu Yifeng side and as she did, the backup that Zi Lin called finally arrived. The two men were captured and brought in the car by some of Lu Yifeng's men.

"Y-you! H-how did this happen?" Xia Meilin was sure that she didn't see anyone hit him while he was fighting them earlier.

He didn't say anything but instead, he placed his hand on her cheek as he stared down at her. She looked so worried... was she worried about him?

"Boss!"

"Master!"

Some of the men quickly approached them.

Knowing that everything was now alright, Lu Yifeng blackened out. He was about to fall on the ground but one of his men that was standing near to him was fast enough to catch him.

"Lu Yifeng!" Xia Meilin felt like her heart was about to fall out of her chest when she saw him faint. "Quick! Bring him to the hospital!"