Love burns. | Igniter x reader

*thanks for the request hun! I'm glad people are actually requesting the elements, even if they aren't too popular.

Reminder: Igniter is the oldest by about five minuets XD

------------

You carried a picnic basket in your arms, a huge smile on your face. You had a date with a fire element.

No not Grillby, but a fire element that was rude and conceited, he was the prince of all that was burning.

Yes, that fire element.

You walked on the burn ground, to his palace, it was hidden in an entrance of a volcano.

Normally you'd be boiling if you went in there, but strangely in his home it was cool like volcanic rock.

You entered the cave and saw him relaxing in a hot tub of lava, arms behind his back.

"Hey Igniter!" You smiled startling him.

"Gah!" He yelped and covered his rib cage that was covered with fire streaks, with his arms. "Y/n! Do you mind!? I was relaxing!"

You snicker at his blushing face, it was far more orange than the lava he was sitting in. "We have a picnic today dork!"

He rolled his eyes and stood up, expecting to see his pelvis, you were surprised to see that he was wearing black boxers.

"And what are you looking at?" He crosses his arms, his crown finally back on his head.

You blush and advert your eyes to the picnic basket in your hands.

He let's out a chuckle blushing as well. "...Female humans.." He mumbles. "They're all skeleton sinners.."

"What?" You ask.

"Nothing, it doesn't matter." He says putting his shirt back on, along with his long coat.

He throws on his leather pants and boots. "Okay let's go." He mutters avoiding eye contact.

You smile with your hand out.

He rolls his eyes and takes your hand, burning your knuckles slightly.

------------

You walked to your favorite area in Aspen's woods, you knew he wouldn't mind if you were there, but Igniter on the other hand.. Well you'll just gave to make sure he doesn't burn anything.

"Here we are!" You giggle and sit on the grassy hill, after throwing the checkered blanket on the ground.

Igniter rolls his eyes again, arms crossed as always. "And you expect me not to burn that?"

"Oh.. Right." You blush and lay tin foil over half of the blanket for him to sit on.

You see him faintly smile, then sit on the foil with his legs crossed, head resting in the palm of his right hand.

"Now, I made us some sandwiches. Pick which one you like, then after that I got us some marshmallows!"

He shakes his head and takes a sandwich out that only has cheese in the center of it.

"Oh, I guess I forgot to grill that-" You shut your mouth when he scorched it with a puff of air, not even burning it. Cooking it to perfection.

"Damn.." You say, awestruck.

He chuckles with a smirk, then takes a bite of his sandwich. Leaving you in awe with a blush.

"Wow, I didn't know you could do that!"

His smirk widens and he wipes his mouth with his sleeve. "Well duh, where do you think Lockheart got his abilities?"

You tilt your head. "Who?"

He facepalms. "Never mind.. Now pass the marshmallows."

You toss the bag into his lap.

He smiles and tosses a few in the air, making them levitate in his hands, then with a big puff, he blew out fire in the shape of a heart.

The golden marshmallows fell into your hands like rain, you smiled and tossed one into your mouth.

They tasted amazing! You eat a few more of them then look at Igniter, he was actually smiling!?

"Wow, you can smile? Who knew!" You teased pointing a finger at his chest.

He frowned. "Of course I can smile.. What a stupid thing to ask.." His cheeks were burning bright orange.

You giggle and hug him, he was extremely warm, as you thought he'd be. He smelled like charcoal, and burning leaves.

He twitched as your arms went around his waist, your face snuggled into his chest.

He finally snapped out of it, and wrapped his arms around your figure, securing you in his arms.

You relaxed into his arms, it felt as if you were made to be in his arms, they felt like a safety blanket.

He laid on his back with you on top of him, he stared up at the sky, admiring the clouds that his brother Alistair had made that day.

"...I love you Igniter.." You whispered, hiding your face into his necklace chain.

He seemed stunned for a second.. Almost like Alistair had hit him with lightning. He then relaxed, blood boiling a calming warmth, he cupped your face in his hand, burning your cheek slightly making you wince.

He sighed and pressed his teeth to your lips, burning them as well, you winced in pain but you still wanted to kiss him, not caring how much it hurt.

After a minuet you pulled away putting a hand over your third degree burned lips.

Igniter gave you a sad look. "I'm sorry.. I couldn't help myself.. Damn it.. I really do ruin everything don't I?"

You stared at him, tears in the corners of your eyes l, not only from the burns, but at how he looked.

His pride had shattered, he looked so broken knowing that he hurt you.

You quickly hugged him again. "I don't care, your kisses are like cinnamon.. Burning at first, but rewarding."

He smiled sadly and hugged you back. "... I'll take you to Aspen. He'll get that fixed up in a jiffy."

He ran his phalanges through your hair, trying not to burn it.. But his touch made it even shorter.

He winced but chose to ignore it.

You happily snuggled into his side as the sun had set.

End. I hope you enjoyed! :3