Chapter 4

Plue's POV

I woke up by the loud snoring sounds of the people who were near me, especially the boys. Hanji's arm was draped over my shoulders and another guy's arm on my waist, whom I guessed was Oluo.

'Tsk. Drunkards. That guy shouldn't have brought out the whisky bottles.' I thought while trying to get their light grip off my body and tiptoed silently to the door without stepping onto people's spreaded limbs and faces.

When I successfuly went out the dining hall, I walked out of the building and wandered around for a while as me and Commander Ed didn't get to finish the 'tour' he gave me yesterday.

It was still pretty early as the sun was just starting to rise. The vivid colors shone into the horizon as I walked slowly to find a spot where I could see the full sunrise without the forest trees blocking it. Once I found that spot, it was truly an amazing view with the golden colors of yellow and orange in the sky. Suddenly, there was an aching feeling I felt on my chest for a while. It was like a heartbeat but the pain started to reduce and it didn't come again.

'That's strange...' I clutched at my clothing over my chest and let go. I shook the thought off my head, thinking that maybe it was just my imagination or something. Maybe I could ask Hanji what it was later on.

I continued my own tour when I spotted a stable full of horses. As I passed each of the them, some neighed and two of them licked my fingers. I picked out one horse who kind of liked me as it started to rub its face against mine.

"You're a good boy." I patted its head and combed my fingers down its mane, untangling some knots that were caught together.

"That horse sure does like you." Someone said behind me and I immediately turned around who it was. Commander Keith.

"Oh Commander Keith!" I bowed as I still wasn't sure of how to do the salute that the cadets do. "Good morning. I didn't see you appear my back. A silent walker?" I greeted him.

"Plue, right? I guess you still haven't known the proper salute." He ignored my greeting which was kind of rude, but I couldn't care less. His eyes has the yellow-ish brown color on them and its always wide open, as if its looking out for you like a hawk. Its kind of creepy.

"I'll show you. You put your right arm over your chest while your hand form clenched into a ball, which should be directed over where your heart like this." He gave me an example and I followed him. "Then your left arm is placed onto your back just where your waist is." He turned around showed the last step. I copied and he turned back around. "Good. Now, when you are called or you're the one approaching a Commander or Superior, you need to salute and greet them with respect. Understood, Cadet Plue?"

I answered him without putting down my arms. "Yes, Sir."

He nodded and instructed me to wake everyone up in the dining hall to get ready for the 3DMG training. I ran back towards the building and into the hall. Before I could open the door, someone opened it before me, making the door knock me hard on the face and hit my butt on the hard floor. I heard a gasp.

"Oh my God, Cherry! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" I recognized that voice. It was sweet and that's when I realized it was Petra, the light ginger haired girl. She kneeled infront of me, appologizing.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks for asking after I got hit by the door which is strange because it doesn't hurt at all but, oh well." I said, adding a little bit of sarcasm.

"Y-you don't feel anything? Are you sure?" She lifted up my fringe where I got hit most badly and saw that there weren't any bruise or bump forming on my forehead. "Hm. You must've a thick head or something." She chuckled and stood up, reaching out a hand for me to grab. "C'mon. We should wake up the others. We don't want Commander Keith yelling at us, do you?"

"Okay." I grabbed her hand and thanked her as we went in the dining hall, waking up each person to get ready for training.

*15 minutes later*

"Today's training will be cutting down the napes of each dummy titan you come across to!" Commander Keith shouted at the top of his lungs. I never knew he could shout that loud. It would probably scare the birds away or maybe even crack a window panel or two. I tuned him out as best as I could, not wanting to hearing the words that he was gonna say next when Commander Ed walked up to me and asked me to come with him. I nodded and followed him out of the group of trainees. When we were out of earshot, I asked what what'd he need me for.

"Well, you're going to have to learn how to use the 3DMG before learning how to cut down a titan's nape. And for that, Wenrie Leroy here will teach how to do it." He gestured at a woman who is somewhere in her mid 30s and introduced her to me.

"Hi Plue. You're the new trainee whom I heard was found yesterday at the forest. But since you've been accepted here due to your skill in hand to hand combat, I'm sure you'll do just fine." Wenrie had a warm smile on her face. Her golden eyes gleamed in the sunlight and her blond hair tied into a side braid.

"I'm Wenrie Leroy, as you already know, and I'm one of the specialized Medical Officers here in the Scouting Legion. But since I'm off of my duty for five says or so, Ed here told me to teach you how to use the 3DMG." She showed me an extra 3DMG she was holding and gave it to me.

"Wenrie, I'll leave her to you under your care. I still have tons of paperwork to do, you know, underground thugs, and I can't always watch her." Commander Ed spoke to her and he left after she whispered something in his ear. He nodded in response and left, waving back at us.

"So!" Wenrie clapped her hands. "I think we'll start off by putting those on and teaching you how to move around them. Since I won't be following the routine of how the trainees ever there learnt their 3DMG, you're kind of going to advance a bit. And after mastering your gear, I'll teach you some skills and techniques on how to kill a titan. You up for it?"

I nodded my head in agreement and we headed off to the forest which is a little bit far from where the trainees are.

*1 hour later*

"Plue, how did you...?"