Chapter 10

"What the hell are you doing, Flagon?"

The four of them turned to look at me. Levi backed a step away from Flagon.

"Whatever do you mean, Plue? Can't you see that I'm teaching this lowly thug some discipline?!" His voice rose in annoyance. He must've been holding it in ever since they came.

"The one who's being lowly is you." He looked at me in bewilderment.

"What-"

"If you want them to discpline you, at least don't treat them like shit just because they're from the underground." I saw him clench his fist tightly until his knuckles turned white.

"Don't you dare say that to me, Plue. I don't care whether you're Commander Ed's daughter or not, you have no right to disobey your superior." He walked up to me slowly as every step he took, the floor creaks. He then stopped right infront of me, his glare growing immensely every second. 'Oh if only looks could kill..'

"If you're going to treat them like this, I'll be the one taking them today." I looked at the three behind Flagon who had been watching the scene before them unfold, creating a heavy atmosphere in the room. "You should come with me. I have a better room room prepared early for you guys, unless you want to spend your day here cleaning."

"Hey-"

"Shut the fuck up, Flagon." I looked at him with my dull emerald eyes. He stepped back and let the thugs follow me out of the room quietly.

I led them towards the room I cleaned up after I came back from Sina. Opening the door, I let them in before me.

Farlan spoke after we were all in the room. "Why did you...?"

"Save us?" I finished it for him and he nodded. I sighed and sat on one of the bunk beds. "I can't stand people who're being treated like shit. And Flagon's been an ass ever since his first visit to where you guys came from.

He had a really bad experience with another group of thugs he came across with for the first time, and he never got over it. I guess after the three of you were assigned to his squad, his rage over thugs came back."

"Tsk." Levi rubbed a finger on the bed I was on. A look on his face was shown that he was quite satisfied with the cleanliness of this room. "Hm. Not bad."

"By the way," Isabel climbed onto one of the beds. "Thanks for saving us there."

"No problem." She looked at me for a moment, hesitant to say something at first but she lets it go.

"What's the necklace Erwin was talking about back at the alley?" I blinked. Farlan and Levi looked at me, interested at what Isabel had just asked.

I pulled out the necklace hidden underneath my shirt and showed it to them. "This?" Isabel nodded. "I'm not sure of how I got this but, it somehow controls me."

"Controls you?" Farlan asked.

"If I'm not wearing it, I'd start to hallucinate and lose conciousness depending on how much time I take to put the necklace back on. I'd then go through excruciating pain as time passes." I unhooked the necklace and stretched out my arm for Isabel to look at.

"But you'll-"

"Its fine. It won't happen imediately." She took and and looked at the sapphire gems on the key shaped necklace.

"Its beautiful." She breathed out. A minute hasn't even passed by and I'm already starting to feel the pain increase from my chest.

"I-I need it back now, Isabel." I huffed out and she gave it to me imediately. I hooked it back on and the pain decreased. "Its affecting much faster now."

"That's a weird and scary necklace you got there, Plue." Levi sat beside me, looking at it.

"I know. I even tried to get rid of it about a year ago but I ended up taking it back." I clutched at it and stared down at the tiled floor. "Its kind of pathetic that this small thing is actually my life source."

Silence.

"You're the daughter of Commander Ed?" Levi said all of a sudden.

I looked at him, his blue-grey eyes staring back at me. "Adoptive daughter. Wenrie Leroy is my foster mother."

"Hm."

Breaking yet another moment of silence, someone knocked on the door. Marsel's head poked from the doorway.

"Oh good, you're all here." She entered the room. "Its dinner time."

"Okay." I stood up too fast and my head hit the top bed. "Aghh.."

Marsel chuckled. "Let's go?" I nodded.