Chapter 8

*back at the HQ w/ muffled voices in the background*

"Bring her to the infirmary! Someone get her necklace!"

"Where's Wenrie?! She should've been here earlier!"

"Zip it, soldier. I was right behind you the whole time."

"Where's-"

"Here! Catch!"

"Don't 'here catch' it! Give it to me!"

"Plue?"

"Oh my God, guys. Why are all of you being hysterical. Its just my freaking damn necklace that needs to be around my neck. I'm not injured or anything." I groaned as I sat up on the bed I was on and looked at all the worried faces of soldiers and my foster parents.

"But still.." Petra said at where she was at. I guess they came back from their shopping, as what I've been told.

"I'm fine, Petra." I turned to look and at her and that made her loosen her worried expression a bit.

"All of you. Go back to where you were. I need to talk privately with Plue." Ed commanded all of them and they saluted, walking out towards the door.

"Now, Plue." Ed looked at me, waiting for an explanation as he crossed his arms. Wenrie just sat down by a nearby stool.

"I just forgot about it after changing my top. There's nothing to worry about." I reasoned out. It was always like this, every single time. If I left my necklace, I'd be lectured for not forgetting to put it on.

He sighed and sat on the side of the bed. "We've gone through so many times-"

"And I won't repeat it again." I cut him off. Silence engulfed us for a minute whem Ed asked about how the underground was.

"Full of raged people. The thugs who Erwin was looking for, he finally captured them and had probably already persuaded them to join here." I told him and he 'hm'ed.

"They're staying here then." He rubbed his stubble chin. "Why don't you look for an empty room for them? They're probably on their way here." He stood up and Wenrie followed.

"Okay." I, too, went out of the infirmary looking for a spare room.

I opened each door and finally found an empty one. It was full of dust and dirt, the bed sheets were stained and the walls were too.

'What ever happened here? Don't they ever clean this room?' I walked over to the supply closet and grabbed a broom stick. 'Well, better clean up before they come.'

*20 minutes later*

"Ughh.." I placed all the cleaning supplies I used back into the supply closet and looked around the spotless room.

The windows clean, floor tiles moped, walls and ceiling scrubbed, bunk beds scrubbed and bedsheets replaced.

'This should be enough.' I rubbed a finger onto the floor and found no dirt. I looked out the window and found that Erwin's carriage has arrived, along with the thugs.

'They're here.' I rushed down and went out the building to meet them.

"Erwin!" I called out and he looked at me, walking up to him.

"I see that you're doing great. Got that necklace on?"

"Yep." I nodded and looked behind him. "Who's in charge of them?"

"Squad Leader Flagon but if you're asking now, maybe you could take them and change into a uniform."

"Sure."

"Levi, Flagon, Isabel. This is Plue. She will be one of your superiors today. If you have to ask any questions, you can ask either her, me or your Squad Leader who you'll be meeting later." He introduced me to them. "Plue, you're to take them into the training grounds after they've changed, okay?"

I nodded and he left me, going to Commander Ed for a new report that he has to hand in.

"So, follow me." I lead the way into the halls of the HQ. While walking towards a room that has spare uniforms for them to use, Isabel asked a question.

"Why are you high and mighty people so against us, lowly thugs?" After saying that, she earned a glare from Farlan and a 'tsk' from Levi. I turned my head to look at her and looked back to the front.

"If that's what you think about the people you'd just met from here, don't include me as I have nothing against you guys."  We took a right turn and walked straight ahead.

I continued. "I treat people equally with respect, young or old, rich or poor, whatever they're categorized from. Sure, the rich people from Sina might all just be douchebags who are living their lives simply and the Military Police being their dogs, but I treat them respectfully as they're from a higher ranking than me.

I may be merely just a plain soldier but if someone really crosses the line with me, I could beat their sorry ass so badly no matter how many times they protest."

I sighed and stopped walking infront of a room where the spare uniforms are. "Wait here. I'll just be getting your uniforms."

Isabel's POV

"Treat people equally.." I looked down and turned to face where Plue had just been. "She's different."

"But we can't just trust her easily. She might just be bluffing the whole thing." Farlan said and crossed his arms.

"Her words have deep meanings, Farlan. She even said that the people from Sina are just slobs. Including the Military Police." I tried to defend her a little bit.

"Whatever the case is," Levi spoke and we saw Plue emerge from the room she was in earlier. "We have to be careful."

"Here are your uniforms." She handed each one of us a set. "Now I'll lead you to where the changing room is."

'She's different and I'm sure of it. Maybe I could call her big sis.' I thought as we went to another hallway again. 'This building sure is like a maze.'