Chapter 11

*a few months later*

"Today we will again take one step forward! Let's see what your training has taught you! Show them the strength of humanity!" Commander Ed shouted at the top his lungs, his voice rather hoarse. The gate opened and he shouted at again. "All soldiers! Advance!!"

"Plue!" Wenrie called out for me. She was at the front with Ed. "Be careful out there."

I nodded at her as her horse galloped away. As what Erwin had told me a few months back, I would be joining with Levi and the others. True enough. I was stationed as one of the veterinary officers for this expidition.

As the soldiers infront of me snapped their horses' reins, I got ready and followed behind them.

Emerging from a small tunnel that leads to the outside world, I squinted a little due to the sun's blazing light.

As I opened my eyes fully, the view of the outside world is truly aesthetical. I heard Farlan and Isabel's remarks about the endless landscape. Levi approved of it too.

Then, they started to talk about something I can't seem to descipher when Sayram interrupted and told them to focus on what's infront of them. It all became a mess after that.

I tuned them out and looked straight ahead when I spotted an oncoming titan from the forest.

"Guys! A 20 meter titan ahead!" I shouted and all of them stopped nagging at each other.

Some of the soldiers tried to lure the titan away from us but it wasn't attracted to them. It started running towards us and that could only mean..

"Shit! Its a deviant!" Flagon cursed as he tried to lead us away from it. The formation was breaking and everyone went their own ways. I stayed on my own route.

Three soldiers circled around it and hooked themselves on the titan, trying to get close to the nape and kill it. But eventually, they were devoured one by one.

It started running again after its 'snack' when Levi and his comrades started chasing the titan.

"Wa-wait you three!" Flagon called out for them but was ignored by them. Levi told Farlan and Isabel on what to do. I watched as they started to bring down the deviant and I saw what their whole plan was.

'Farlan and Isabel are going to cut off the titan's mobility while Levi distracts the titan by hooking onto its back.'

They swiftly dodged and sliced at the deviant until Levi came close to its nape and without wasting a second, killed it on the spot and I felt a likely peircing on my chest. 'Oh God no.. not at this moment..' I winced as it lasted for a second and suddenly, it vanished along with the dead smiking deviant. 'That's weird.'

Flagon and Sayram looked at them, shocked at what they just did. 'Now will you change your whole perspective on them?' I thought when I saw Erwin came to a stop not far from where we are. A smile was shown on his face as the three thugs landed on the ground.

'I guess he's impressed too.'

*at a half collapsed bricked building*

"Plue! Did you just see that?" Hanji came to me, waving her hand up with Marsel and Petra trailing behind her.

"See what?" I said as I took out my gear.

"Oh don't play dumb. Its about how Levi killed a deviant!" She opened her arms wide which practically hit Petra in the face. Petra grabbed both her flailing arms and pinned them behind her back.

"Levi wasn't alone, Hanji. He killed it with the help of Isabel and Farlan." I said to her but she didn't seem to hear what I just said.

"You can interrogate with Levi later on what kind of tricks he used if you want." Marsel walked up to me and propped up her elbow on top of my head. She's almost the same height as Erwin. "And Plue here can join you."

"Huh. Who says I'll join." I said monotonously.

"Me! And we'll go now!" Hanji grabbed me away from Marsel and literally carried me over her shoulders.

"Hanj-"

"You're surprisingly light, Plue. I wish I should've known earlier so that I could carry you all the time."

"Tsk."

Levi, Isabel and Farlan came into view as Hanji walked up to them, my legs dangling in the air and bouncing slightly at every step she took.

"Hey you!" She called out to Farlan. "Can I disturb you for a moment?"

The three of them looked at us, curious at what she wants.

"I saw it, you know. The decisive moment."