Chapter 12

"Hanji, I think you're scaring them." I told her but she just ignored me.

"The decisive moment?" Levi asked. "What are you talking about?"

"What am I talking about?" She looked at them wide eyed and a big smile plastered on her face.

"Its obvious that I'm talking about the moment when you brough down that titan!" Farlan backed away a little while Levi just looked at her like she's a freak. Which she is.

"That was really amazing! I was overwhelmed with excitement!" She continued.

"Ah.." Levi said as if he finally understood what she was talking about.

"I'm Hanji Zoe. You must've already known Plue here. You're Levi, right?" She turned around to face Isabel. "This girl over here is Isabel." She then faced Farlan. "And this is.."

"Farlan." He introduced himself.

"Right right, Farlan! Nice to meet you! She suddenly plopped down in between him and Isabel, slapping Farlan's back.

But before that slap, I floated in the air half a millisecond and fell back down on her shoulder and did a flip, landing head first on the ground. And it all happened in a second.

"Goddamit Hanji!" I yelled at her while I tried to prop myself up but failed

"I'm so sorry! I forgot all about you!" She turned around and helped me up. "Is your head okay?"

"Oh of course you'd forget about me! And I'm fine." I dusted off invisble dirt from my jacket while walking over to Isabel. "Can I seat beside you?" I asked.

"Sure." She moved a little towards Hanji, giving me space to sit.

Hanji started to ask how Levi learnt to use the 3DMG while I and Isabel had our own conversation.

"When did you first joined the Scouting Legion?" She asked while I turned around, my back facing to her, as she requested to do my hair.

"Around two years ago. I didn't exactly join but I was asked due to my excellent skills in combat." I explained as she pulled on the ribbon that kept my hair up into a ponytail. My hair instantly flopped down to my back. I hadn't realized that it grew longer over the years.

"You hair's really long." She combed my hair with her fingers, tugging at some knots that got stuck together.

"Hm. What about yours?"

"Not much. It used to be long, like the length of your hair, but I got into a fight and one of them just chopped off a pigtail of mine." Her voice lowered down a little and she stopped combing my hair and braided it instead.

We didn't talk for a while so I listened to Levi and Hanji's conversation instead.

"Everyone saw how you fought. The way you fight encourages us to believe that humanity will lose to the titans." Hanji looked at each of them individually. "It was really awe-inspiring to watch you fight!"

As Isabel is braiding my hair, she fawned over how her Big Bro, Levi, is good at everything.

"So how about it? Would you be willing to let us know what goes on inside of your head?" Hanji asked him again.

"I can't, I'm self taught. Its not something that you can easily teach to others."

"But..."

He interrupted. "Sorry, I'm exhausted." 'Maybe he's the type that doesn't like to talk so much.' I thought.

Hanji looked disappointed. "I see. I'm sorry for disturbing you." She stood up and both patted Isabel and Farlan's heads, thanking them. "Plue, I'll head back first, yeah?"

"Okay." I looked at her and she left, waving back at us.

"I'm done!" Isabel tugged at the ribbon tightly and swept my braided hair to the side. I looked at what she had done and it was beautiful.

"Thank you, Isabel." I turned around and got something out of my pocket. "Here," I gave her a small bag that has candies inside. "Its for you."

She opened it and started eating them one by one.

"So Plue," Farlan got my attention. "I've never seen you smile before. Your way of attitude is a little like Levi's"

I looked at him, then Levi who also looked at me. Our eyes met for a second until we averted our gaze from each other.

"I smile, dumbass. Its just not very often." Levi shoved his side to Farlan's rather forcefully, nearly knocking him over.

"Hey, watch it!" He started to rubbed his shoulder. "How about you, Plue?"

I looked down to my lap and hid my eyes beneath my fringe.

"I don't know how to smile.." I mumbled out and they looked at me, blinking.