Chapter 14.5

A/N: This chapter is dedicated to two people who are special in my life. They're currently having problems with each other so um, I hope you liked this.

"Hanji you do-"

"Nope! This is outrageous! You need to learn how to smile!" Hanji carried me over her shoulder and went out into the open field, along with Levi, Farlan and Isabel. "And you too, Levi."

"I know how to smile, shitty glasses." Levi mumbled from the back as they trailed along Hanji.

"Now," She finally placed me down. "Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

"Why I don't smile? Because honestly, I don't know how." I answered her bluntly.

"That's the thing!" She went over to Levi and carried him by his shoulders and placed him beside me. "Damn, you're heavy.." I heard her mumble. "In order for you to smile-"

"This is fucking ridiculous." Me and Levi said in unison. Glad that we have the same thought in mind.

"Uhh.." Farlan scratched his head as Isabel laughed her ass off.

"Both of you really do match each other, grumpiness and stuff." Hanji sighed. "But sometimes, you also need to brighten up a little and smiling is one of them.

I know its pretty stupid that you need to have to learn to smile, but for me, its more stupider when you don't know how to smile. Its an emotion that gives off happiness and its quite contagious, if I might say, while being emotionless gives off the feeling that makes everyone around you quite, unhappy or maybe even melancholic depending on what kind of aura you are in." She exhaled and continued.

"Seeing both of you smile can probably brighten up everyone's day as both of you are loved by the people who are close to you." She closed her eyes as a gentle breeze blew through her face, her brown colored hair fluttered along with the wind.

"Seeing people die from the expeditions we go through is such a depressing thing that no one can even smile infront of the dead, unless you're a cold-hearted person, and it makes you just wanna think about what you could've done in order to save them or blame yourself due to their deaths.

But even though they're dead, they're also wishing for you to continue and live on while you can. And when your time has come, maybe you can tell them what had happened during the days or years you've spent without them." She opened her eyes and looked at both of us with a smile. "Everyone is looking for their freedom, Plue, Levi, and seeing what goes on beyond the outside world, I could die happily after all of this titan madness is over." She chuckled.

After her long speech, we heard a round of applauses. Soldiers had gathered around us, including our superiors. Some of them had tears forming on their eyes while the others cheered. But the most special thing is that they're all smiling, including Commander Keith who rarely smiles and other people who are like him too.

"There's that smiles!" Hanji said all of a sudden. Levi looked at me and I noticed he was smiling.

"You look more beautiful when you smile." He smirked but I shook my head and laughed a little.

I guess smiles are really contagious even though they're just a simple thing that we do in our everyday lives. You may not notice it but people do care about whether what kind of emotion you are feeling. Smile while you can and move on for the people whom you care about until the bitter end.

A/N: I know its a short one but this is just an extra chapter. It won't affect the rest of the new chapters that are coming