Chapter 30

Hanji's POV

"There is a faint sign of pulses from her." My eyes widened a little while feeling the soft beats from her neck. "When did this happen?"

"Just today, approximately two hours from your departure to the training grounds." Petra said.

'How did she even had these heartbeats?' I thought while a flashback struck my mind, going back to when I first checked on Plue after that superior expedition.

Plue hasn't woke up since the past three days and all of the soldiers of the Scouting Legion are worried about her.

Isabel would sometimes cry out of nowhere while saying Plue's name. Farlan has to be the grown up to take care of her.

The Elite Squad would visit her from time to time, in between breaks or before going to bed. Surprisingly though, Oluo also felt the same way even when he always tease her. It was also a relief for Petra.

Erwin and Mike rarely visits, although the Commander would ask about Plue's condition whether it was similar the previous day.

Levi and I are the only ones who visit regularly, checking on her whether she had progress on her condition, sick or not. But a week or so later, we predicted that she's in coma.

"This is crazy!" Isabel flung her arms up after she heard about Plue. "Why does Big Sis have to have coma?!"

"Isabel, calm down." Farlan would place both her arms down and try to reassure her. When it didn't work, Levi would be the one to keep her rage down.

I was checking on her again today. This time, I'd feel her pulses whether there was something wrong.

Placing two fingers in her neck, I waited silently and kept my hand steady. But after a minute, I felt nothing.

"Huh?" I checked on other areas where pulses could be felt. But to no avail, it was the same result.

I talked to Erwin and Levi about this and they felt shocked the same way as I am. Well, at least Erwin doesn't have to hear the same things everyday..

It was the same as how it was the next coming days. No pulses but she was breathing fine, which was weird.

But after two years,

I felt pulses.

Does this mean she's okay and she'll be out of her coma soon? Lots of questions swarmed my head.

"Hanji," Petra interrupted my thoughts and I snapped my head up to look at her. "Plue's having a fever."

"Fever?" I placed a hand on her forehead and Petra was right. It was probably a high one too. "Get a wet cloth immedietly!"

She nodded and rushed out of the room. Levi stood still to where he was, not moving an inch.

"Levi, what's wrong?" I asked him while pushing aside Plue's fringe.

"Will she be out of her coma soon?" He asked me instead. I blinked and turned my gaze away from him.

"I don't know, Levi." I pursed my lips. "But I hope so.."

"Squad Leader Hanji!" Petra came rushing back holding a wet cloth in her hands. "Here!"

I took the cloth from her and placed it neatly on Plue's forehead. Seeing her facial exoression soften, it probably made her calm for now.

"This is the first time that had happened to her ever since she joined the Scouting Legion." I spoke, breaking the silence we head for a while.

"How long has she been here?" Petra asked.

"Hm," I did my math mentally. "Maybe about 6 to 7 years. She joined on the year 842, I was only a Cadet then, but.." I trailed off, not knowing whether I should tell them.

"But?" Petra urged on.

I sighed. "She didn't actually join but I and Mike found her in the forest nearby. And exactly on that day, she became one of us after showing her combat skills." I chuckled, remembering the time when she beat my ass. "I was the first to be defeated by her."

"Huh," Levi finally moved from his spot and sat on one of the stools beside Plue. "how did she end up in the forest though?"

"No idea." I shrugged while I flipped over the wet cloth from the warm side to the cool one. "The next day, she never stopped to give us Cadets and Superiors surprises."

"How so?" Levi raised an eyebrow.

"Given no training on the use for 3DMG, she still managed to get a good grip on her gears without help from Wenry." My smile faded when I mentioned Wenry's name, but kept it back on a little later. "She also destroyed half of the forest where we train to kill the dummy titans."

No one spoke again after that. Even when someone tried to, it would end after a minute or so.

I took the cloth again from Plue's forehead to flip it when I heard a sound from her.

"Nnghh.."

"Plue?" I dropped the cloth and clutched onto her right hand.

"H..Han.."

"Hanji," I told her. "It's Hanji."

Levi and Petra both went to my sides, eyes wide open while waiting for more response from the awakened girl.

"H-hanji..." Plue spoke weakly and slowly half opened her eyes. "I-I'm.. back.."