Chapter 26

Darkness.

It was the first thing I saw when I woke up. It was like the one in my previous nightmare I had days ago. The weird thing is, I was wearing the dress that I used when I was just mew to the Scouting Legion. Memories of that day when Hanji and Mike had found me in the forest came rushing to me like a bullet train.

It continued on like an old film, the colors were black and white. Every single picture showed of how I had spent my days in the HQ. From how I had begun my training and advanced on as one of the cadets. Everything was so nostalgic. Its like I didn't want it to stop and just hold on to that memory. But eventually, I had to let go.

As each scene passed by, it slowed down then stopped at a picture. I was with Wenrie. We were walking through the streets of District Shiganshina. The citizens were doing their daily routine as usual. Then suddenly, it moved on to another picture when the Colossal Titan appeared. The gate was breached.

It continued playing again, showing the people's panicked expressions as they ran for their lives towards the boat that will lead them out of Shiganshina. But one by one, the titans came in from the outside world for the first time after a century had passed. One by one, people either get stepped on by their huge foot or eaten.

I watched in horror, frozen, not able to do anything. The pictures moved faster, each of them showing the deaths of the people.

"No.." I whined, trying to get the memories out of my head as it become more horrific than the previous one. It abruptly came to a stop and showed the scene where two titans had grabbed both Ed and Wenrie.

"Plue," Wenrie called out for me despite being in the situation she was in. "I love you."

"No!!" I cried and everything vanished from my head. Then, a new one popped up and it showed a group of soldiers from the Scouting Legion who were plucking flowers from a nearby bush and placing them in front of the tombstones.

It was the day of their death anniversary and some of us had visited both Ed and Wenrie's graves that I'd made somewhere deep in the forest that was quite near the HQ.

Isabel knelt in front of the stones and spoke. Suddenly, two familiar figures on each side of the stones. It was Ed and Wenrie. They were both wearing white clothes, a white button up shirt and white pants for Ed and a white dress for Wenrie. They appeared to be somewhat glowing a little as they listened to each and every word Isabel was saying.

Ed smiled sadly while Wenrie started to tear up. 'They really were listening and watching us that day..' I thought as Marsel took over Isabel's place. Unexpectedly, I started tearing up to but I didn't know as I was distracted.

It vanished again once Marsel was done with the speech. Ed and Wenrie did too, like smoke raising up the sky. The next that showed up was when only us superiors went for an expedition to kill the abnormal but intelligent titan that lives somewhere from a far away forest.

The scene skipped to when we were attacking the Titan. Marsel was swatted by the its hand onto a tree. Mike was ordered to help her out as she started bleeding profusely, her breathing was unstable.

Erwin was the next one to be thrown and Hanji had a near one but I took the blow for her instead. Even though me and Levi had sliced off both its arms, it regenerated quickly and I was grabbed by one of its fully new grown hand.

It squeezed me and even though it was just a memory, it was like I could feel how the Titan had grabbed me. Slicing two of its fingers, it still managed to grab me by my arm. Hanji and Levi were making theirselves towards me despite the steam the Titan was giving off.

I watched as I started to go numb then started to scream, high-pitched like how I did back at Shiganshina. I expected it to clear out of my head, but it didn't. Instead, it continued along with my scream.

The Titan still held on to my arm while it tried to cover on of its ears. It only seem to somehow affect on the Titan but not Hanji or Levi, including the others. When I had stopped, the Titan dropped me to the ground but I was caught by Levi's arms. I was unconscious but I was still somehow able to watch what had happened.

The Titan suddenly went out of control. It started to moving inhumanly as it cracked its own bones. Then, a figure appeared from the back of the Titan's nape. Hanji went over to it and started pulling onto something.

It was a blond man with a built body. He appeared to be unconscious too as he wasn't moving and only light breathing was visible from him. None of us knew who the man was but Hanji wanted us to bring him back to the HQ for inspection, while Levi wanted to kill him for what he had done.

"Plue's prediction was right..." Levi placed my now fragile body on the ground and readied his swords, heading to the man. "Titan shifters exist."

Before he could charge and kill the man, Erwin immediately blocked his way. "Don't, Levi. He could help us with our researches."

"And what, Erwin?!" Levi bellowed. "Get us all killed inside the walls?! He fucking killed our past soldiers. I think he can even co-operate with us!"

"What will happen when you kill him?" He asked. "We don't know. He might turn into a titan again."

Levi placed his swords down and looked at the titan shifter but then we realized, he wasn't there anymore. Hanji, who was supposed to be looking out for him, was stabbed in the thigh. Weird and horrific at the same time, clearly the shifter had done this. Weird because she didn't made a sound when she was stabbed.

Erwin rushed to help her, tearing his green cloak to stop the her bleeding thigh. She wasn't awake, though, and must've passed out. Levi looked for Mike and Marsel but they were in the same state as Hanji had been. Only Mike was awake.

"H-he.. drugged us.." Mike stuttered before he fainted. There, he saw the man lurking behind the shadows and vanished before Levi could catch him. Tending both the stabbed superiors, I noticed Marsel wasn't breathing at all.

"Erwin!" Levi called out for him who was carrying Hanji over to where the other two injured was. "Its Marsel.."

Erwin immediately rushed to her after he placed Hanji beside Mike. He started doing CPR onto her, but after 5 minutes of doing it, she still hasn't woken up.

'No.. Marsel..' I clamped my mouth with both my hands as Erwin refused to stop even though Levi told him to. Eventually though, he had enough 3 minutes later.

Then everything vanished, not a single picture showed up but a familiar voice spoke instead.

'I warned you, Plue.' It said. 'Don't ever go to any expeditions.'

"What do you want?!" I shouted at it, my voice echoing in the vast darkness.

'Nothing, Plue. But, you will be in coma.'

"Coma? Why would I?"

'Plue, you are different from the people who you were with. This is not your real body.'

"What are you trying to say?" I asked.

'You're dead, Plue. Ever since you arrived at the HQ.'