Chapter 5

Wenrie's POV

*during 3DMG training*

"You're doing great on balancing yourself, Plue. Just keep it that way. Now, in order for you to move, you need strenuous amount of muscles throughout your body. After that, aim and fire at the grapple hooks of your gear at an object, for now we're using the trees, and then activate the gas mechanism to reel yourself towards that object. You can then disconnect the hook to continue moving. I'll show you."

I stepped forward and did what I just told Plue what to do in order for her to move around the trees. After a few more swings, I returned back to where she was and asked her try. She nodded and looked forward towards the trees. Without hesitating, she immediately vanished with a 'whoosh' and swung from tree to tree with a tremendous amount of gas compaired to what I used previously.

"Slow down, Plue! You'll-" I shouted at her but I noticed that she was about to knock herself towards an oncoming tree. My eyes widened and ran to her. But before I could react, she released one of the wires and hooked it at the tree she was about to hit to, unhooked the other wire and made a turn by hooking the previous wire again to another tree. She moved swiftly back to the ground while I ran to her, my mouth gaping in awe.

"That, was impressive." I smiled and clapped at her, then my face turned a little bit more serious. "But if you hadn't used alot of gas or notice that oncoming tree, you would've hit yourself badly. Next time, be more cautious. Okay?" I warned. She nodded in response and smiled, patting her head.

"I think you can catch up fast with the others with that skill of yours. How did you manage to do that anyway?" I asked her. "Novices on 3DMGs don't immediately learn the techniques that you just did that quick."

"I'm not sure. Reflexes, I guess?" She looked back at the forest then to the ground. I sighed and shook my head.

"Come. How about you try and go kill some dummy titans?"

*back at the training grounds where the trainees are*

"Commander Keith!" I called out to the bald man and he looked at me with that eye bulging face of his.

"What is it, Wenrie? Is Plue having trouble or something?" He asked as we walked up to him.

"Oh no! She's doing great with the training. Actually, I'd like her to try out on the dummy titans." I requested.

"Already? She just started learning her gears today."

"That's the thing. But I would just like her to try out, please Commander Keith?" I pleaded with him.

He gruffed out a sigh and finally agreed. I thanked him and called out the trainees who were still in the forest. Once they were out, they gathered infront of us waiting for some reason they were called out.

"Now, Cadet Plue has been advancing quite rapidly with the training all of you are doing right now. I hope you guys have not cut out all of the dummy titans because Plue is going to finish up what is left." Some of them were taken aback by my 'request' but questioned none about it. I turned to Plue and so did everyone else on the field, and I nodded at her. She understood and started walking towards the forest. In a matter of seconds, she zipped through the air and was out of our sight.

A few seconds later, tree branches and maybe some of the dummy titans were heard crashing down throughout the forest. A flock of birds even flew out of their places at the trees they were at and out into the sky. After hearing a huge tree smash towards the forest grounds making it send vibrations beneath our feets, Plue came out of the forest unharmed. I instantly rushed towards the forest and saw the great damage she had just caused. I gasped and heard someone else behind me did too. Probably Keith.

An amount of dummy titans were down and the fake nape of their necks were sliced deep until they were actually sliced to smithereens or in half, but others, luckily, were still in place. Some of the branches of the trees were sliced off and multiple trunks were marked with her blade. Its like she just had a rampage especially the tree that she brought down.

"Plue, how did you...?" I mumbled when I heard Ed's voice calling out to me and Keith.

"What happened here?" He looked around, flabbergasted at what he was seeing.

"Ed, Plue just made this. I don't think 'made' is even the right word. This is just..." I started.

"Crazy." Keith breathed out. I bobbed my head slowly in agreement.

"I think she's just at the same level as both of you, Commanders." I turned to look at them, my expression no longer a smile but filled with worry and concern for Plue. "She isn't just any ordinary human but more like an abnormal, who is either a threat or benefit to us humans."

Ed raised an eyebrow. "A threat?"

"She just nearly destroyed this part of the forest! And what if the Military Police knew about this?" Now I'm much more worried for Plue.

"We need to secure her identity from the MPs and other people aside from the Scouting Legion. This is just too much to rumour about and it can cause a kind of riot on us, thinking that we may be hiding some dangerous human." He said. "We need to let the trainees know about this and help out on Plue's protection. We cannot let our guard down even just for a second. Wenrie, call the everyone out into the field, now."

I nodded and ran out, seeing the confused faces of the trainees and instructed them to stay put from their position. Plue was called by Ed while I called the Squad Leaders and the Corporal.

*5 minutes later*

"...None is to be said about what had happened today. Everything will be normal as it always be, but be more cautious to not let any of these events spill out your mouth. Is that understood?" Ed told us what is going to happen from now on and we saluted to him.

Except for Plue.

Plue's POV

I didn't know I had caused that huge damage. All I knew was what my head was telling me. Dodge. Slash. Kill.

"Don't worry, Cherry." Petra patted my back as we headed back towards the HQ. "You'll do just fine and we'll protect you from whatever the cost it may be." She smiled at me and it made me reassured after all that's been through.

"Thanks, Petra. You always know how to help cheer someone up."

"No problem." Then, we called it a day after dinner and climbed into bed.