Chapter 27

Levi's POV

Two days had passed ever since our expedition. After we went back to the HQ, me and Erwin immediately sent Mike, Hanji and Plue to the infirmary. Marsel, however, was left back at the forest outside the walls, buried near a stream. Like how Plue had done for Ed and Wenrie, Erwin made a medium sized tombstone for Marsel.

Everyone in the Scouting Legion grieved for her death and also for the three people who had been unconscious. Me and Erwin kept silent about Plue's prediction and the titan shifter we came upon to. We didn't want any rumors spreading around until it reached the ears of the higher ups.

"Levi," Mike sat up from the infirmary bed. "how's Marsel?"

I looked away from his gaze and bowed my head. I couldn't lie to him. "She's.. gone."

"Oh.." He, too, faced away and slowly started to get up from the bed. "I'll be.. wandering around. How are Hanji and Plue?"

"Still unconscious." I answered simply. He nodded and left the room after observing the two women.

An hour had passed ever since Mike's departure. I was already getting tired of watching over them when I heard Hanji groan.

"Guhh.." She tried sitting up from the bed but failed. It's as if her whole body was made of bricks and she couldn't lift herself.

"Oi," I went over and helped her up. "you okay?"

"My body feels heavy.." She said, rubbing her right temple. "Damn that man. The drug he used isn't suitable for woman."

"You knew what it was?" I asked her.

"Kind of." She took a deep breath and looked up, then saw Plue on the nearby bed just beside hers. "How is she?"

"She still hasn't woken up. It's weird because she wasn't drugged nor her necklace was taken off." I sat down on the edge of her bed, looking at Plue. "Mike woke up first than the two of you though."

"Where's Marsel?" Again, I was asked of the same question.

"She didn't make it."

"Oh no.." She clamped her hands to her mouth, "Have you taken her?"

"No."

Hanji sobbed and started crying. "She's g-gone.." Looking at where Plue slept, she leaned towards her and grabbed her hand. "Don't you go too.."

Rubbing circles around her back, I tried my best to comfort her. "Hanji, Plue is strong. I'm sure she'll wake up soon."

She sniffled and wiped her tears away. "Y-yeah. I'm sure she will."

Plue's POV

Dead? How can I be dead when I've been living for the past few years? And a coma?

"No," I slowly clenched both my fists. "No! You're lying!" I shouted at the voice that I had been talking with earlier.

'I am not lying, Plue. That body if yours is just like an empty vessel but your soul lives in it.' The voice explained.

"Empty vessel? What are you talking about?"

'Plue,' It sounded nearer now. " do you even know who I am?"

"No."

Then, a spec of light appeared in the distance but not that far. It started coming its ways to me and grew bigger. The spec of light formed a human body and there stood the same girl who had warned me about not going to any expeditions.

She slowly lifted her head up and my eyes adjusted as I tried to make out her features. Then I finally saw it and shocked me.

Her face looks just like mine, no, her face is very identical to mine that no one could even tell us apart. But what turned my face into horror was that her right arm was missing.

'I am you, Plue, your real body.' She said while clutching onto her right shoulder. 'I was trying to warn you but you didn't listen. This what happened to me when I went to the expedition you went two days ago. That titan shifter ripped my arm off.

'But luckily for you, you survived. If you hadn't, a huge mess will be made. Like I said, that body of yours is just an empty vessel but at the same time, not. Nevertheless, no one can know what you are yet.'

Questions swarmed my head but only two came out of my mouth. "What huge mess? And what am I really?"

'I can't tell you that now, Plue' She answered simply.

"Is this coma related to you?" I asked more and she nodded. "For how long?"

She seemed hesitant to tell me, but she finally gave up. "2 to 3 years."