Chapter 23

Levi's POV

"Are you ready, Corporal?" I asked Plue as she positioned herself a few feet away from me. Both of us were just standing, not doing any combat pose, and glared at each other.

"You should ask yourself, Lance Corporal." She raised her chin up high, being confident. 

After we challenged ourselves to a combat battle, we immediately went to the field and somehow, Hanji managed to call some of the soldiers and watch who'll be losing. Commander Eyebrows came too.

"What in the world is going in here, Corporals?" He asked as he stood besdie where Hanji was. Both me and Plue didn't answer as we had already started. Hanji told him instead.

"Well, they're having a combat battle." She grinned as she pushed up her glasses. 

"Hm. For what purpous?" 

"Who's the strongest."

"I thought it was Corporal Plue?" After Eyebrows said that, it just made me more kind of pissed and I punched harder onto Plue, but she just dodged it. 

I shouted at him, not taking my eyes off of Plue. "Lance or not, Mr. Eyebrows, that doesn't mean she's the strongest!" That made him shut up. 

We had been fighting each other for the last 5 minutes and none of us is still giving up, yet. There were a few other times when I was nearly thrown off to the ground but I managed to get off her tight grip. 

I was already panting, 3 mintues later, but she just stayed casual, not showing any signs of tiredness. 'What is with this woman?'  

She seemed to have noticed that I was becoming weaker because I saw her smirk a little. This time, her kicks and punches are much more harder. 

I backed away from her after she bonked her forehead to mine. I winced in pain as I tried to shake it off. 

"Levi! Watch out!" I heard Hanji shout. That's when I realized I got knee kicked in the gut and punched in the jaw. If that wasn't enough, I got pinned down down to the ground forcefully, head first. Plue's arm was secured onto my neck while both her knees pinning down my legs. 

"I'm the strongest after all." She smirked. 

"You little.." I cursed but she just pushed her weight more on top of me. "Ugh, fine! You won okay?!" 

"Punishment?" She asked.

"What will it be?" I grunted.

"Easy." She got off of me and placed both her hands on her hips. "For the next 5 days, you are restricted to any source of cleaning, including yourself. You are not to ask anyone to clean your office, room or any kind place or thing." 

My eyes widened and the others gasped. Even Eyebrows was surprised. "What the fuck? I'm not cleaning for five days straight?" 

"Exactly." Plue slowly emphasized the word. Then, she turned towards the crowd of soldiers and spoke. "As what I've said, you are not to take any cleaning order from Lance Corporal Levi, including the cleaning duties all of you got from him. Understood?"

They saluted at her and the soldiers dispersed in their own ways, holding their laughs until they were out of sight. Eyebrows and Hanji stayed where they were when they too, started laughing. 

"Oh fuck you guys." I stood up and headed back to the HQ, hearing the two idiots laugh their asses off.

Plue's POV

"Are you done?" I said to Erwin and Hanji who were still laughing, tears were starting to form on their eyes. 

"W-wait!" Hanji put up her right hand, suppressing her laugh. "How did you even manage to overthrow Shorty?"

"I don't know." I answered shortly.

"How can you not?" Erwin finally stopped. "When I'm in combat with him, none of us loses."

"I totally ship you two!" Hanji suddenly flung her right arm on me. 

"What?" I just looked at her, confused.

"She doesn't know, Hanji." Erwin said, shaking his head.

"Whatever!" She pulled me closer to her and grinned at me. I pushed her away forcefully and she landed on her butt. "Oh Plue, I guess you really don't have time for love huh?"

"Whatever." I mimicked her. 

"Let's just head back to the HQ. Levi might've already broke his punishment." Erwin helped Hanji up and walked back to the HQ. 

'Well hopefully he'll survive..'

*3 days later*

"Aghh!! No! Shit!!" Levi cussed for the 5th time today, complaining about dirt and, well, shit.

Pushing myself away from the pile of paperworks infront of me, I sighed and went out of my office. Then, I saw Levi stomp out of his office, dust particles could be seen following him from behind.

"Give up?" I asked him, shouting a bit from where I was. 

He turned to face me and glared. "As if." And he stormed off.

"Hey," Someone called me from behind my back. "What happened?" It was Farlan.

"Oh you know, Levi complaining about dirt and stuff." I told him.

"His 3rd day huh?"

"Yep." 

"Shouldn't you give him a break or something?"

"Nah. I did but he just declined." 

"..."

"..."

"Its lunch time right? We should head down to the dining hall."

"You go ahead. I still have work to do."

He nodded and walked past me. "Don't stress yourself, Corporal."

I sighed and just waved him off. Once he was gone, I headed to Levi's office. It was still somehow clean but not spotless to his approval. Grabbing a broom from the supply closet, I cleaned the office as fast as I could before he could walk in.

*sometime later*

"Did you clean my office?" Levi kicked the door of my room open. Dust was still trailing behind him.

"Huh?" I looked at him playing dumb.

"Plue." He grumbled, impatient.

"Levi." I said back.

"Ugh, will-"

"What if I said I did?" I cut him off. He stayed silent for a while then walked out of my room, leaving the door ajar. Before he could go on further, I shouted at him quickly. "Your punishment's over, Levi!"

I heard him retrace his footsteps and he peeked his head through the door. "What?"

"You heard me," I looked at him. "Take it or leave it."

"Why are you-"

"Levi." I sighed, exasperated.

He seemed hesitant, but finally gave out his answer. "I'll take it."

"Okay. Now go and take a shower. You smell like shit." I joked. 

"Shut up, Corporal."