Chapter 17

A/N: Sorry for the amount of time skips.

Year 845 [le gasp :O]

"Hey Wenrie," I held her hands as we walked through shops along the village. We were wandering around District Shiganshina as I wasn't on duty today and she wanted to have some time together. "what would you first like to do when we're out of these walls and the titans exterminated?"

"Hmm, I'd like to plant the tree seed that I've been keeping somewhere out there." She chuckled and smiled. "That tree seed was from my deceased mother. She gave it to me when I was around the age of 10."

She looked up from the sky and inhaled. "She was also a specialized Medical Officer like us, Plue. And she dreamt that one day, we aren't trapped in these walls so that we can live freely like how the titans are out there. But leave the canniblism for humans out.

And that tree seed, she kept it safely until she could plant the seed after this titan chaos is over." She closed her eyes and I saw a tear rolled down past her cheek. "But that wish wasn't fulfilled and that's why, she passed her wish and the seed to me so that I'd be the to plant the seed."

She turned her gaze towards me. "But if something ever happened to me, I'll be giving it to you and fulfill our wishes."

"I don't want you to.." I stopped, not wanting to say the word.

"Plue, no one knows what our future will be like. Fate is just unpredictable. That's what makes life so unfair. But while you're still alive, treasure it until your time has come. In fact.." She trailed off and rumaged through her pockets, looking for something. "I'd like to give this to you right now."

She took out a seed and showed it to me. "This is a tree seed." Grabbing my right hand, she outstretched my palm and gave the seed to me.

"But.."

"My mom was sick when she gave it to me and she knew that her sickness is becoming worse each passing day. After giving this to me, she passed away the following day." She closed my fingers and topped it with both her hands. "I told you Plue. No one knows what will happen next."

Suddenly, we felt heavy vibrations beneath our feets and people stopped what they were doing.

Then it stopped.

And we saw one giant hand grab the wall, a head followed after that.

"Is that..." Wenrie widened her eyes in horror as I saw it too.

"A titan." I breathed out.

The gate of Wall Shiganshina was destroyed and the first titan came in.

"A titan!!" People started running for their lives as more titans come in.

I and Wenrie tried to calm the panicked citizens and instructed them to run towards Wall Maria when a titan spotted and us.

I didn't have my 3DMG on and so does Wenrie. 'Why now?!'

While running towards an alley, I spotted a dead Garrison soldier. He still had his 3DMG on.

"Wenrie, wait!" I ran to the soldier and quickly took it off him and hooked it onto me. The gas tank was still full and so are the extra swords on both the scabbards. "Let's go!"

But it was too late. The titan had us cornered.

"Oh not today!" I lunged myself towards its outstretched arm and quickly hook on onto the back of its nape, slashing it with a deep cut. The titan collapsed while steam rose off its body.

"Wenrie!" She called out for me and pointed somewhere behind me. "There's another one!"

I quickly turned around and saw a titan reaching out for me. I slashed its arm and maked my way towards its nape. I killed it in a matter of seconds.

With no titan on sight, we continued running towards Wall Maria.

Ed's POV

"Sir! The gate of Shiganshina is said to be breached by a Colossal Titan a moment ago! Citizens of the District are now heading towards the ship that leads to Wall Maria!"

"Breached?! That's where Plue and Wenrie are! Have you informed this to Commander Erwin?!" I looked at the panicked soldier who's from the Garrison.

"A messenger has been sent there, Sir!" He answered.

"I'll be heading first to Shinganshina. Tell that to a passing Scouting Legion soldier!"

"Yes, Sir!"

I quickly put on my 3DMG that has been kept on a storage room and headed to the stables to grab my horse.

'Wenrie.. Plue.. Wait for me!'