Chapter 25

"The forest is 100m ahead!" Erwin informed all of us as we galloped right behind him. "Keep your eyes peeled and look out for any 15m titan!"

"15m, huh?" Levi said beside me. "Seems pretty to kill but its armored body..."

"Oohh," Hanji squeezed through her horse in between us. "Is the Lance Corporal being weak?" She smirked at him.

"Shut up, Shitty Glasses." He tsked and snapped the reins of his horse and headed beside Mike.

Hanji looked at me, expecting to say something, but I just shrugged and followed after Levi. She sighed and trailed behind me.

3 minutes later, we arrived at the forest. It was somehow quiet and peaceful, despite all the titans we've encountered on the way here.

"Are you sure it's here?" Marsel asked Erwin.

"I'm sure, Marsel. It's the same as how we first discovered this place." Erwin jumped off his horse and we did the same. Walking towards the forest, our boots crunched on the dry leaves that had fallen from their branches.

It was quite chilly too as Marsel and Hanji started shivering and they held each other

"Tsk. Are you guys that weak?" Levi walked up beside the both of them, passing me. "How about you? Aren't you cold?" He asked me.

"Would you even care if I was?" I answered without looking at him. He seemed surprised at my response, but somehow regained his usual grumpy face. He stayed silent after that.

Then, there was a sound of loud thunder somewhere in the distance. The ground started to shaking, feeling heavy footsteps beneath our feet. And there we saw the Titan.

*30 minutes later*

"Marsel!" Erwin shouted at her, who was swatted by the Titan with the back of its hand like a fly, bleeding profusely beside a tree. "Mike! Help Marsel!" He commanded the blond man and he obeyed.

Both me and Hanji had been slashing around its armored flesh but it was just no use. We couldn't even leave a mark on it.

"This is stupid!" We heard Levi curse as he landed on the ground, breathing heavily.

As Hanji kept on going around its body alongside with Erwin, I went to where Levi was.

"Armored, my ass.." He grumbled out as he took another deep breath. "How are we supposed to freaking kill that thing?"

"Armored.." I got another set of blades as my previous ones had been destroyed. "Wait, armored.." I mumbled again.

Levi looked at me. "What's wrong with you?"

"The Titan has armored body." I said.

"What about it?"

"Well, think about an armor suit. Where do you think the parts of a body isn't fully protected?" I asked him.

"In the armpit, groin.." He trailed off, narrowing his eyes as he thought of another one. "On the crook of the elbow."

"Have you tired slicing to any of those places?"

He widened his eyes a little, suddenly understanding what I meant talking about armored suits. "No.."

"Erwin!" We heard Hanji scream in horror. Me and Levi were too distracted that we haven't even noticed that there was a fight going on behind us.

Heading towards them, I saw Hanji wasn't looking to where the Titan is but to Erwin, who had fell due to the excess amount of gas he was using. Overall, he was fine.

Being the intelligent ass it is, the Titan took it as an opportunity and swung its huge hand to Hanji.

Not having enough time to tell her to move away, I quickly attached one of my wires to a tree and pushed her out of the way.

But I took the impact instead.

Like how Marsel had been hit earlier, I was now lying on the ground, not really having any injuries but I felt a pang on my chest followed by my head.

'Don't ever join any expiditions.' A familiar voice echoed through my head.

'Why is this happening now?' I thought as I struggled to get up. Seeing that Hanji was okay, I helped Levi who now was targeting the Titan's weak spots.

He now had an opening for its elbow and immediately went towards it and, using a full amount of force, sliced its whole arm off.

The Titan covered the nape of its neck as smoke was emitting from its sliced arm. Heading towards its other arm, I sliced it off, doing the same as how Levi did.

"Now," Levi called for me, "to its nape!"

I nodded at him. From both opposite directions, we charged together in unison, ready to kill the Titan.

Closing to its nape, it suddenly gave off more steam when I saw a hand extending to me. As it grabbed me, I realized it was the Titan's.

'How can you regenerate that fast?!' I widened my eyes as it started squeezing the hell out of me.

'Don't ever join any expiditions.' The voice echoed again and it irritated me.

"Shut up!" I shouted while I tried to push one of my blades on its hand. It loosened its grip a little and I was able to cut off two of its fingers. But then, its other arm grew and grabbed one of my arms.

"Plue!" I hear Levi's muffled voice in the distance.

"Levi!" I cried out. "Help me!"

'Don't ever join any expiditons.'

Everything was happening all at once that I couldn't keep track of which was which. The Titan was griping my arm that it might dislocate any moment. Levi was calling out for and I heard Hanji's voice too. Then there was the voice in my head which kept repeating the five words over and over again.

It felt like what had happened that day again when the titans had invaded District Shiganshina.

And I guess, time repeats itself as I had the urge to scream again, remembering the day when my foster parents had died.