Chapter 13

A/N: I'm not entirely sure of Sayram's gender.. But he'll be desribed as a guy for this fic.

"All squads! Execute long distance scouting formation!" This time, Erwin commanded us.

Everyone obeyed and went their own assigned places. Soon, a red flare was shot up in the sky. A titan was sighted.

Each soldier who were near the titan sighting shot their red flares until it  reached the center of the battalion.

A green flare was then seen from the center squad.

"Pretty impressive." I heard Levi comment.

We advanced on without any interruptions for a while when storm clouds started gathering above the sky. The once clear blue sky turned into a dark shade of gray and it started pouring heavily on us.

Due to the heavy rain, we couldn't see what was infront of us and everyone is trying their best not to get separated from the fog that formed along with the rain.

I pulled up my hood and raised my right arm just above my eyes. 'Shit. I can't see anything.' I cursed. Once I managed to open them widely, I realized I got separated from everyone.

'I must've went ahead of them.' I was about to turn back around when I saw Levi galloping fast on his own. 'What is he doing here?'

"Levi!" I tried calling out to him but he didn't seem to have heard my voice. 'Damn it..'

Soon, he disappered as the thick fog engulfed him. I then went the opposite way and looked for Flagon's squad. I spotted Isabel's figure once I came closer to them.

"Isabel!" I snapped the reins of my horse and galloped to them quick.

"Plue! I thought we lost you! Thank goodness you're okay." She half smiled at me as I rode along beside her.

"Where's Levi?" I asked.

She seemed to be taken aback by the question, but answered. "We lost him in the fog."

'She's lying.' I turned away to look where we're heading. 'Wait, don't tell me.." A realization came through my head. 'He must be heading towards Erwin for the documents!"

Sayram then came up to us and asked where Levi was. Isabel gave him the same answer she told me.

"Could it mean that he's dead?" He predicted, which made Isabel burst into anger.

"No fucking way!" She shouted at him. "Big Bro will come back.. I just know it!"

Suddenly, three titans appeared out of nowhere and one of them grabbed Sayram away, who broke a rib or two due to its strong grip.

"Sayram!" Squad Leader Flagon came up to him as he cried in agony. "Don't move! I'll help you!"

Sayram winced as he tried to turn to Flagon's direction. "Squad Leader! Don't come any closer!" He begged as blood trickled out his mouth and tears started to form under his eyes. "Just get out of here, please!"

"Sayram!" Flagon watched as he was slowly being brought up to the titan's mouth.

"Take care of your self! See you in the other-" But he was cut off and swallowed whole down the titan's throat.

I looked away, not wanting to see the scene and helped Farlan who is in trouble.

His horse tripped over the mud filled ground and a hand was reaching out to Farlan. Isabel came, crying out a battle cry, as she slashed of the titan's fingers. She then hooked herself up the titan and tried to slice its nape but missed.

Then, I saw another titan coming for Isabel, who stumbled at the back of Farlan's devourer.

I quickly rushed up to her, in unison with the running titan.

"Bi.. Big Bro-" I snatched her away, cutting her off while the titan coming for us but to its fellow titan instead, killing it in the process.

I landed on the ground and placed Isabel down while I went ahead to kill the titan.

"Squad Leader!" I turned to the sound of Farlan's voice and saw Flagon being grabbed by the third titan. "You can't be this week, dammit!"

But, it was too late before Farlan could even save his Squad Leader, and he was the next one as the titan grabbed him.

"Farlan!" I ran and hooked myself up to the titan's arm and sliced it off. But I hadn't noticed that it used its other free hand to grab me instead, my necklace snapped off and fell to the muddy ground. 'No!!'

"Plue!!" I heard Farlan and Levi's voice in unison.

The titan brought me up to his bloody mouth, but not devouring me. It stared at me for a while when it spoke. "Save...me.."

Levi spun towards its nape and killed it. He then went to grab me away by my waist from the titan's grip as it fell for its death. I then felt that same peircing feeling when Levi killed his first deviant.

And followed by the excrutiating pain from my chest. 'Curse that stupid necklace.' I winced.

"L-levi... my n-necklace.." I huffed out as he placed me down the muddy ground and noticed his eyes widened.

"Where is it?!" He looked around, finding for it, Isabel and Farlan helped.

Before I could tell him where it was, I slowly became unconcious, their voices fading away.

Then I once heard again that titan's voice;

"Save...me.."

A Twist of Fate [SnK Fanfic]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें