Chapter 7

A/N: Next coming chapters will be based off of Levi's spin-off 'A Choice with No Regrets'. Spoiler warning to those who haven't read it.

I watched as Erwin's squad brought over the three thugs to the alley I'd said we'd meet.

A red haired girl, light brown and raven haired guys came into view as their cloaks were taken off.

One of the squad members handcuffed each of them and confiscated their gears. They were then forced to kneel infront of Erwin.

"I'd like you to answer a few questions," Erwin started. "Where did you get this?" He brought up one of their confiscated gears. None of them answered.

"You displayed exceptional skills using the 3DMG. Who taught you how to use it?" He tried again but they remained silent.

He walked up to the raven haired guy. "You're the leader, right? Do you have any military training?" He asked him but he kept his mouth shut.

I tuned them out as Erwin started to order Mike to use force on the so called 'leader'.

Thinking back, Erwin told me something about those thugs and how he wanted them to join the Scouting Legion and how a certain man wanted to abolish the idea of our expiditions.

"Nicholas Lobov? Why would he do that?" I asked him.

"Private information, Plue. But using him to lure the thugs is a good idea. In the end, I'll persuade them to join while Nicholas is brought down." He explained, not looking away from a paper he was reading.

"But the next expedition is about a month or two away and they might, attack on you or something if you're going to force them. They might even get killed by titan." I looked away and stared into the nearest window. We were the ones left in the dining hall and he suddenly told me about it as I am also going to be also a part of it.

"I highly doubt that, Plue. But if that ever happens, you'll be with them in the expedition." I turned back to look at him.

"What?"

"Well, you can't always stay here when we're out on expeditions, right? So, your dad approved after I asked him to let you join." He placed the paper down and looked at me with his sapphire eyes.

"Don't call him 'dad'." I mumbled.

"But at least you've finally been let go after two years of hiding."

I agreed on what he said but didn't show it.

'Going out into the walls, huh?' I shook the flashback out of my thoughts and looked back at the scene. I heard Erwin asking what the raven man's name is when he got face dumped onto the sewer puddle that was right infront of him again. Mike resurfaced his face and he grumbled out, "You bastard..."

"Your name?" He repeated.

"It's Levi." The man said with his venomous voice.

Before Erwin could speak, I suddenly felt a pang feeling in my chest. I gasped and clutched my cloak. Shit! I must've forgotten my necklace!' I cursed through my head. The people who heard my gasp turned to look at me.

"I-I..." I started. "...will be -agh- heading back to the HQ."

"You forgot your necklace?!" He rushed to me but I stopped him, standing up on my own.

"I'm fine.." I took a step forward but collapsed again. This time, Erwin caught me.

"Bring her back imediately! She'll faint sooner or later. Her necklace must be in her room!" He called one of his squad members and I was carried onto the soldier's arms. I closed my eyes as the pain in my chest ached more.

"Hang in there, Cherry." The soldier whispered while he rushed to a carriage and went back to the HQ.

Erwin's POV

I turned away once as the soldier ran a sharp turn to one of the alleys. I walked back to Levi and he looked back up at me again.

"Sorry about what happened." I sighed as I kneeled down to face him directly in the eyes. "But why won't you strike a deal with me?"

"A deal?" He asked.

"I won't ask what crimes you've comitted. In return, you'll lend me your strength. Join the Scouting Legion."

"And if I refuse?"

"I'll turn you in to the Military Police." I said simply.

He stayed silent for a while, looking at his fellow thugs. Then he looked down, grumbling out a 'tsk' and looked back up again.

"I'll take it." I smiled as he continued. "I'll join the Scouting Legion."

"Good."