Chapter 21

Hanji's POV

"Erwin! Why is the Military Police taking Plue away?! Can you not see that she's our Corporal?!" I tried to keep my pace with him but he's just too fast. 

After taking some of the survivors who are hidden beneath piles of rubbles, we headed back to Wall Maria before anything could happen to us. About 5 soldiers were eaten along the way but we didn't stop and just kept moving on, and mostly were from the MPs.

They took Plue to a dungeon cell immediately while we tried to reason with them that she had done nothing wrong, including what she did to the titans back at Shiganshina. But to no avail, they just ignored us and left. So, we went back to the HQ.

"Commander! Tell us why'd just let Cherry be taken away!" Marsel caught up with us too. Having an almost even height with him, she could keep up with his pace easily.

Erwin sighed as we reached his office. Levi and Mike were trailing right behind us quietly. "I didn't let Cherry- I thought it was Plue? Whatever. I didn't just let her be taken away. Once we entered Shiganshina, they followed after us. When we were split up, they immediately asked where she is. I don't know how they knew it was her from the beginning or why they wanted her."

He took a deep breath and continued. "When I asked them why'd they need her for, all they said is that they see her as a threat and needs not be locked down. It was said to be a request from someone named Kenny." 

Upon hearing the name 'Kenny', Levi kind of winced hearing his it. I didn't ask though.

"So, what are they going to do to her?" Marsel asked.

"I don't know." He answered bluntly. We all looked at him, wide eyed.

"What do you mean you freaking don't know?! They can't just take her away like that without any reason!" A sudden outburst came from Levi and we all looked at him, but agreed at his statement.

"I don't know, Levi! I don't know!" Erwin shot back, slamming both his palms on his work table making some of the stacked papers fly off his desk. "But I'm so stupid for letting her go.." His voice calmed a little. "She'd had enough for today. Both her parents died and, didn't you see how pained she looked? She's even much more worse than any of us, considering she took out her necklace." 

Being the most softie in all of us, Marsel tried to keep her calm as she resisted to fight her tears back. But she couldn't and just cried it all out, kneeling on the ground with both her hands placed to her mouth. 

"All this because of that damn Colossal Titan.." Levi cursed before he got up and left the room. Both me and Marsel stayed behind. 

'This can't get any more worse, right?'

*at the court room*

Apparently, it become more worse than usual. 

Plue was accused of turning against humanity and whatever shit the Military Police reasoned out to the head of the three Militaries, Darius Zackly. 

"She could attack any moment from now!" One of the MP members shouted across the room.

It seems stupid that we had to fight this over at the court room for who will be watching over Plue. We, the Scouting Legion, were given such short notice that Plue was sent to here and no one told us anything about it after an hour after this had started.

But something didn't seem right as if they'd planned this over.

Darius tapped his right hand, loud enough for all of us to hear and silencing us. "Now, Commander Erwin, are any of the Military Police had said are true?" He looked over his glasses to Erwin.

"No Sir." A wave of gasps surrounded the room and Darius silenced them again. He signaled Erwin to continue. "She hasn't done any harm on us once we approached her but she was being hysterical after she screamed."

"Now, what was the scream about?" Darius asked again.

"It was high-pitched and it killed any surrounding titans that were near her. It didn't affect us though, Sir."

He looked back at the papers that he was holding on his hand and asked the MP, who seemed to be at loss for some reason, why they had lied when Plue gasped from the middle of the room where she was chained on a pole. 

Her necklace was missing.

I turned towards the MPs and shouted "Why'd you take her necklace away?!" 

Their Commander looked confused and looked at the two soldiers behind him. They were the ones who was in-charge of watching over Plue. "What is the necklace she's talking about?" 

One of the soldiers took something out of their pockets and showed it to him. 

"P-please.. give it b-back.." Plue stuttered out. She was about to pass out soon.

"Nile," Darius commanded him, "Give it back."

"Yes Sir." 

Before he could walk over to Plue, I went over the barricade and snatched it away from him. I quickly ran to Plue and placed it on her neck. She seemed to be calming down now. Turning to where Darius sat, I spoke to him. "See what they would do when you hand them over to the Military Police? They won't do anything useful to her but just let her suffer! You should hand her over to the Scouting Legion." I looked at Nile, "They even lied about what her!" 

Darius seemed to take my words as he let the Scouting Legion won this stupid whole thing the Military Police started. 

We headed back to the HQ in order for Plue to rest. 

Levi took over when I was about to bring her up to her room and I let him as he looked desperate, from my point of view.