Chapter 20

Hanji's POV

Passing through the gate of Wall Maria, we entered District Shinganshina. Galloping through the wrecked streets filled with dead people and titans, we heard a high pitched scream coming from the far east.

"Erwin! What was that?" Looking at where the scream came from, some of the titans that were surrounded in that place started to mysteriosly die without anyone slicing their napes.

"I don't know. But its killing all the titans around there.." Erwin turned to face me. "Go and check it out. I'll be catching up with you later on." I nodded as he snapped the reins of his horse and lead a group of soldiers behind him to see whether there were any survivors coming from the west and northern area.

"Hanji! We're coming with you!" I heard someone called when Marsel, Levi and Farlan caught up with me.

Not saying anything, we headed straight to the shrill scream as titans around us fell to their deaths.

"Damn." I heard Farlan breathed out. "This actually quite amazing and scary at the same time, seeing titans die from that scream." 

Marsel furrowed her eyebrows. "Scary? Why?"

"Well, that scream can take down any surrounding titans down but what if the person or whoever it maybe turned against or something?" Farlan took a deep breath and let it all out. "I'm not sure about you guys but, that scream sounds familiar.." 

We all turned our heads to look at him. He rose an eyebrow as he stared back at us. 

"Who do you think that person is?" I asked him sternly. I don't why but I kind of had a feeling that I know who's name he's gonna say.  "Be honest."

"Corporal Plue." Farlan looked away and I did too. Marsel and Levi stared at him for a moment, about to say something when they decided not to. 

'I think so too..' I thought as we each snapped our reins and went on to full speed.

It has been going on for about 3 minutes now and it still hasn't ended. We finally reached where it came from when it abruptly stopped. 

Getting off our horses, we walked towards that person who was meters away from us. And according to I and Farlan's prediction, it was Plue who had started it all.

She was kneeling and her head faced down, her hair was a mess and it covered her face. Her arms hang loosely beside her when I spotted her necklace.

I immediately went to her side and picked it up. But before I could put it on to her, she shoved my hand away and slowly lifted her head up.

I gasped at what she looked like. Marsel, who was behind me, did too.

"Plue, what...?" Marsel started but didn't get to finish her sentence. Somehow, looking at her crimson tainted eyes and that expression of hers that's full of revenge, made her look like a monster that's ready to kill someone right away.

"Plue." Levi kneeled beside me and spoke for the first time we got here. "What happened?"

Turning her head towards Levi's direction, I heard her chuckle deeply. A smile was slightly shown on her face.

"What happened?" Her voice came out on a high pitched tone, like her scream. "Titans. That's what happened!" She smiled more widely and laughed. 

'This isn't her.. she doesn't react this way.' 

"Plue! You're being hysterical! Snap out of it!" Levi gribbed her shoulders and that made her stop laughing maniacally. 

"I am snapped out of it!" She pulled herself away from his grip and her expression changed to a pained one. She looks like she's about to cry but with no tears to show. "Don't you just react this way when you had lost someone so dear to your life, Levi?"

Levi backed away from her a bit as his arms slowly retreated from her. Plue continued."Ed and Wenrie got caught and eaten by those damn titans and I didn't do anything to save them." She clenched her fist tightly and hit the ground forcefully. "I'm such an idiot! I could've saved them!"

"You're not and idiot, Plue." I stopped her from hitting the ground, unclenching her fist. "Everyone has had experiences like you today and many of them, survivors, blames themselves for their deaths. But you can't go on like this forever, Plue. They can't come back when they've died. That's just how life works. I'm deeply sor-"

"I don't want your pity! Any of you!" She stopped me from what I was about to say. I heard Marsel started sobbing from behind me while Farlan whispered to her that its okay. 

Then, Erwin arrived with Mike and some other people when more came from behind the soldiers. 

The Military Police came with them. 

One of the MP came up to us and took her away from me. "This is her, right?"

"What do-"

"That's Corporal Plue! Restrain her immediately!" Another showed up beside him. 

The four os uf widened our eyes while Erwin remained as he is. 

"What the hell is going on?!"

A Twist of Fate [SnK Fanfic]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें