Chapter 31

Plue's POV

"I-I'm back.." My voice sounded hoarse, my throat felt dry, but at least I could manage to speak a few words.

Having said that, Hanji suddenly scooped me up and gave me a bone crushing hug and I screamed out in pain.

"What're you doing?!" Petra exclaimed as she pushed Hanji off me, landing on the ground with a thud, before I could suffer worse than I already am.

"Ah-ah.. I'm sorry.." Hanji apologised, rubbing the back of her neck as Levi shot her a glare.

"She just woke up, Hanji. Her bones are numb, having them not used for 2 years." Petra helped me to sit up properly, a pillow propped up behind my back.

"Petra, Levi," My voice barely audible. "It's fine. What matters now is that I'm back.."

"But shitty glasses could've crushed you to death!" Levi started to argue but I just let out a soft chuckle.

"You're over exagurating, Levi. I told you, I'm going to be fine. Just, let me rest for a while." I assured him but he still felt doubtless.

"You've had enought rest. You freaking slept for 2 years." He muttered. Then, the door banged open. Isabel was standing by the doorway, panting heavily as is she had just ran around the whole perimeter of the walls.

"Oh my Walls!" She exclaimed, forcing herself to push further towards me but collapsed on her knees right after she took the first step.

"I told you Isabel, Plue isn't-" Farlan came next who was in a normal state and not like Isabel. When he saw me fully awake, he nearly let out a gasp but supressed it with a fake laugh. Which is weird.

"No, Farlan! I told you!" The red-head struggled to stand up but Levi caught her just in time when she was about to plummet down to the ground again.

"You smell like shit, Isabel." Levi scrunched up his face while dragging her over to one of the vacant chairs in the room. "Where did you go?"

Instead, Farlan answered it for her. "Same as Petra did. She became an idiot and ran after her, wanting to ask what happened after she ran out of Plue's room but she got lost in the forest. Took me about half an hour to find her. And by then, you guys already came back and here we are, arrived at about an hour after you guys."

"D-don't you dare, Farlan." Isabel tried her best to growl. "Sure, I might've been an idiot but you have no right to just talk about me like that!"

"Hah," Farlan breathed out. "Sure. Fine."

"But the good thing is," Isabel turned to me, smiling tearfully. "Plue is back."

I smiled at her back when we heard rushed footsteps from the hallway and a group of people came in.

"Plue!" Oluo was the first to come over my side. "You really are back."

"Uhh.. okay?" I looked at him weirdly as the others crowded around my bed.

"We've missed you, Plue. Oluo here couldn't stand it when he didn't have anyone to tease except Petra and Isabel." Eld chuckled while Oluo gave him a glare. "What? It's true!"

I giggled as I looked at both Isabel and Petra who were blushing and sending glares to Oluo. "What's with you hitting on girls, Oluo?"

Everyone laughed at my response while the poor guy blushed furiously as he tried to deny it.

"I am n-not!" He stormed out of the room while all of us laughed more. Even Levi managed out a chuckle. A little while later, Oluo came back to the room, a little furious, but calm.

"The important thing is," Erwin announced. "we have our precious Plue back."

Everyone cheered while each of them gave me a hug or a pat on my head. Levi helped me get off my bed to visit the other soldiers after 2 years of being in coma. My body was really numb, as what Petra had said, and I kept on struggling to get on to my own two feet. Eventually, Levi had to carry me on both his strong arms when I couldn't take a step down on the stairs.

Once we set afoot on the first floor, anyone who saw me stopped from their tracks and just stared at my way as Levi set me down carefully to the ground.

"Hi." I greeted them while waving a hand in an awkward way. Then suddenly, a man from the side of the room screamed "PLUE, BABY, YOU'RE BACK!!"

And everyone ran and crowded around me, ignoring Levi's protests, while recieving their deathly hugs and, guess what, sloppy kisses. From my cheeks, of course.

After about half an hour of being crushed like a pulp, Erwin managed to get everyone's attention by making a sudden announcement of celebrating my awakening.

It was just how like the day when I joined the Scouting Legion over again.