Epilogue

A/N: Chapter 35 could already be the ending to 'AToF' or this Epilogue. You can choose either way. This is a continuation, or rather and explanation, to the Prologue chapter but it might not fit with the previous chapter, it might not even make sense. But it's kind of an alternate ending than Chapter 35. Nevertheless, I present to you the last and final chapter of 'A Twist of Fate'.

Third Person's POV

"Hanji, how's CoP?" Levi asked as he entered her workplace full of endless paperworks and mechanical tools.

"Its a miracle!" She exclaimed, a wide smile shown on her face as she stepped back from her specimen and admired her work.

"You mean CoP's finished?" Levi tilted his head to take a look at the figure.

"Yes! I didn't think it would accept the things I installed to her 'brain', but it worked!"

"Huh, a miracle?"

"Indeed..." Hanji placed an arm around Levi which he didn't mind as the both of them stared at the hanging robot, lifeless but with a peaceful expression etched on its face.

Silence engulfed them for a while when Hanji finally spoke. "But I'm afraid I have to send CoP away because of the Military Police."

"CoP? Why?" Levi pried her arm away and faced her with disbelief.

"Yes. Someone has been spying on me ever since I made CoP. I just know it, and I'm sure it's one of the MPs." She explained.

"Where are you going to send CoP?"

"Remember the necklace?" She pointed at the necklace which was worn around the robot.

"You're not... 842 is the only year you can send CoP at!" Levi raged a bit but Hanji remained calm.

"What other choices do I have?" She sighed. "The MPs will eventually destroy anything on their path just to find CoP."

"If that's the case, I just hope she'll survive." His expression turned into sadness as he looked back at the robot.

"Hm. She's a robot with no emotions. I don't think she'll even hesitate to kill Titans and maybe the MPs." Hanji crossed her arms.

"What if she did?"

"CoP isn't just any kind of robot. I don't even know what CoP's capable of. But if she does, I hope that having emotions will help her restore humanity and maybe, just maybe, earn her wings of freedom."

"...Who is CoP in the first place?"

"Why Levi," Hanji frowned at him. "She's our beloved Corporal Plue."

Beep. Beep. Beep.

"Huh?" Hanji ran towards the system indicator and checked CoP's analysis. "She's... She's.."

"She's what?" Levi walked beside her and peered over her shoulder.

"She's awake." She whispered and headed over to CoP.

CoP fluttered open her eyes weakly and looked down at the both of them. She lifted up her right arm, reaching out to either of them. Levi took her cold hand and she gripped onto it.

"How can this be.." Hanji caressed CoP's cheeks but the robot paid no attention to her. "She woke herself up."

"What's going to happen?" Levi asked, still gripping onto CoP's hand.

Before Hanji could answer, a loud bang on the door from the outside was heard. "Hey Hanji! Open up!"

"Oh shit. It's the MPs." Hanji cursed and panicked. Just then, CoP pulled herself away from the wires attached from her by bringing herself closer to Levi. Before she could collapse atop him, he grabbed her waists and steadied herself.

When the MP's broke open the door, CoP faced them with glowing crimson eyes. After a few moments of silence, the MP's expression turned into confusion rather than rage.

"What're we doing here?" Asked one of the MP's. They all shrugged and went back out, forgetting all about their task in the first place.

"CoP, did you do that?" Levi loosened his grip on her hand but she just clutched tightly, nodding ever so slightly.

"But," Hanji grabbed onto CoP's shoulders. "How did you woke yourself up?"

"I did revolution.." CoP smiled faintly. Hanji looked confused but Levi's eyes turned wide.

"Plue..?" Levi gripped harder onto her hand. She nodded again.

"Have you done your part?" She asked.

Suddenly, Levi went teary eyed but he sucked it up and hugged her tightly. "Of course I did, idiot." He chuckled slightly. "I fucking missed you."

"Uhh," Hanji looked perplexed. "What?"

CoP, or rather Plue, giggled at her. "I'll explain."

Having said that and Plue had told her story to the whole Scouting Legion soldiers, a sudden huge feast was held. Everyone seemed to have forgotten who she was before they were transported to the modern world by Plue's necklace. Except for Levi.

Plue sneaked off the mess hall which was much more grand than the one back at the old HQ and went out into the green plains. Heading towards a certain tree, she placed a hand onto its trunk and it started to glow a little.

'Hey Wenrie, Ed, how are the both of you doing? How about you Marcel? I've done my task. I wonder if I can join you guys too.' She thought, letting out a tear but soon, she started crying. 'Why am I crying?'

"Plue?" Levi's familiar voiced echoed off from afar and she whipped her head towards his direction. "Are you okay?" He rushed to her once he saw tears pouring out of her eyes.

"Thank you, Levi, for granting my request." She chuckled while wiping a few tears off.

"Of course." Levi looked confused but he didn't show it.

"You know, that speech of your was really something." She said, sitting down beside the tree and laid her back towards it. Levi did the same.

"You heard, huh?" Levi placed a hand atop Plue's and they both gazed up on the night sky. It truly was an amazing sight with all the twinkling stars.

"You really did lead this people to their freedom." She placed her head on his shoulder. He hummed and response and silence engulfed them in a comfortable way. "But I'm afraid I have to go."

Levi faced her. "Go where?"

"Not this robotic body but my soul. I'm long dead, Levi, if you had already forgotten. I just came back, or reincarnated, in this body and both you and Hanji sent me to Year 842 and finish my task." She explained.

"No, Plue, don't go!" Levi suddenly begged and hugged her as if she would go if he didn't.

"I'm sorry, Levi. But I'll be back again on this very same day the next year." Her voice started to fade away and her hand turned cold. "I'm afraid my time is up."

"Plue!" Levi looked at her and noticed that her body turned slump and her eyes showed no life in it. He shook her slightly and she moved but it wasn't the same Plue he had talked to seconds ago.

"Who are you?" Her voice sounded monotoned and everything about her was reset.

Levi let a tear drop past to his cheeks and looked away from Plue's lifeless eyes. Looking up at the night sky, he pursed his lips and said whispered "I'll wait for you even if fate doesn't want me to."

A/N: ARIGATO FOR THE 6K+ REAAADS!! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.