~FIVE~

"Are you sure you don't want to go with us, Ray?" Cole asks as he finishes packing up his backpack

"Are you sure you don't want to go with us, Ray?" Cole asks as he finishes packing up his backpack. Kaye tries to hide her smile behind Cole's back, which wasn't making it easy for me to not laugh at her silly ass, knowing damn well what she and I planned while they bother were gone.

"No, thanks, Cole. As exciting as catfishing may be, I'd rather just layout and maybe swim a bit today. I want it to be a 'lazy today'. Yesterday, even though was exciting since I finally graduated, it was also a bit depressing since our dear mom stopped in to announce that she will be retracting her previous promise of spending the summer with us, as planned." I frown, reminding myself that some of what I said wasn't a lie. 'Oh dear bro', I think to myself, 'Baby sis has to do what she has to do...'

Turning back around as I pretend to focus on whatever it is that is playing on the T.V., I make myself more comfortable stretching out on the couch. A glass of coke sits on top of the table, a bag of chips rested beside me and holding the remote on top of my chest as I purposely ignored the two as they finish preparing for the fishing trip. 

"Ok, I get it," Cole comments, before letting out a small sigh. "Well, we'll return sometime later on tonight." He voices as he zips up his fishing bag. I nod my head and continue flipping through the channels, trying to look as convincing as I possibly could.

Once I heard the front door shut, I quickly sat up and wait for the familiar sound of Cole's Mitsubishi Eclipse to pull out and zoom from the house. Once I couldn't hear the engine in the distance, I pulled myself from the couch and quickly got ready, slipping the outfit that Kaye and I had picked out earlier this mornings I quickly called DJ, even though it was a bit awkward, as invited him over to hang out, and even take a swim with me.

Astonishing, DJ excepted even though I had told him it was only him and myself today, and for some reason, it sent what felt like a stream of butterflies to combust inside my stomach.

I haven't laid eyes on Damien since his outburst that was expected this morning. Since I've not seen or heard anything from his room, I believe he must have possibly left shortly after being a jackass towards me, probably putting space between us. Which is good, because the less I see of him, the easier it will be to forget him and everything that's occurred between us.

Glancing in the mirror once I'm dressed, I study my reflection and smile. Letting out a nervous sigh, I feel very pleased with my appearance. I'm wearing a pair of cut off white denim shorts, riding up a little short for my own taste. Straightening out the white yet skimpy top, that shows off my breast, I grab my pink lip gloss and apply it to my bare lips. I smirk, noticing the strap barely showing on my shoulder, the new bikini I had just bought a week ago, hiding underneath my clothes, which helped to push up my breasts a little. Pleased with how I look, I step back into the living room and take a seat as I nervously wait for DJ to show.

Shit, why am I so nervous? It was never like this years ago. "What the hell is the matter with my fucking nerves?" I groan out, annoyed.

As I try to calm myself down, I start to think back about this guy I've crushed on since middle school. He now attends college in California and only comes home for the summer break. His mom Anne and sister Chelsea, are all that he has after he losing his dad when he was twelve years old, from lung cancer. He sadly grew up faster than he should have, always saying he has to be the man of the house for his mom and sister's sake. Losing our father is one of the many things we have in common. I truly feel his pain and grief.