~TWENTY FIVE~

"What the fuck do you want?" I growl in a low voice as I answer the phone

"What the fuck do you want?" I growl in a low voice as I answer the phone. I take a sweeping look around the side of the house before stepping out the side door.

"Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news brother, but I believe you would place me on your hit list if I didn't call you with the information I have." Nick's voice vibrates through the speaker.

I pull out a cigarette, light it, and take in a long drag, "What do you need to tell me, Nick, this isn't the best time to talk." I speak as the smoke respires from my mouth.

"Caine has given me orders to bring you home at any means necessary."

I truly am surprised by that. How would my coming back benefit him any? "Why now?" I ask, taking a drag from the cigarette. "Why wait two years before he orders me back?"

"Dante," Nick says. "I told you he fucked up, and now he has a target on his back." He reminds me. "I'm here in town. Let's just grab a drink and I can fill you in so we can figure out what our next step should be." He sighs.

"In town? Where the fuck are you?" I ask, leaning against the side of the house. No one knows where I am.

"You may be able to fool your clown of a father and his minions, but it's me, Damien. I've known every place you've been in for the last two years." He chuckles. I feel uneasy, knowing that Nick has always surprised even me in the past when it came to his ability to locate someone. I shake the feeling. Bullshit, I've covered my tracks. He's bluffing.

"Oh, dear brother you're good I'll give you that, but I'm not fucking stupid." I laugh, tossing the cigarette.

I hear him laugh, "Look to your right, down by the red beach umbrella." He instructs. My body stiffens, as my head whips to the right. Spotting the red umbrella first, I grip my phone tightly as I spot Nick, standing off beside a couple, waving.

"Son of a bitch." I breathe.

"How the fuck did you find me?" I growl, turning as I look back to the house. If Ray finds out one of my father's men is here, she'll run from me again.

I have to speak to her about my past and give her hard truths that she might not like, but it's best that she finds out now and not later. This week with her up in limbo has been fucking torture. I'd fucking go insane if it was further down the road!

"I told you, I've kept my eyes on you. You'll thank me once you hear what he's been plotting." He quips. I roll my eyes at the fucker. He's always been a cocky asshole. That's why we've been best friends since our training days. Until he chose to stand with my father.

"You think I trust you?" I spit. "You stood by that cock sucker. You could've left with me. Instead, you chose to stay and place yourself on Dante's hit list. Why would any smart man stay? Who would be willing to take over a big pile of shit? You know just as much as I do that is exactly what he would have left me." I close my eyes and take a deep breath. "He had his chance, he could step down, or I would leave." I walk closer to the beach, watching as he ran his hand through his blonde hair.