~SIXTEEN~

Rayleigh

"Ray!" I hear, waking me up. I peel my eyes open when I notice can't move. As I blink the sleep out of my eyes, they land on the person weighing me down. Butterflies erupt in my belly when I realize it's Damien.

"Damien," I groan, trying to get out from under him. He doesn't say a word, but I feel him tighten his hold on me.

"Ray?" I hear Kaye say through the door as she knocks.

"Just a second," I say loud enough for her to hear me.

"Damien," I say, trying to wake him. He doesn't budge, but after wiggling enough, I freed myself. I grab his shirt off the floor chuckling as I slip it on. I snatched my shorts off the chair and slip them on and then pull my hair into a messy bun.

I open the door and step out to see Kaye with her back resting against the wall waiting on me. I shut the door quietly, rolling my eyes at my action. If he didn't wake up with me struggling to get out from under him, a door closing won't wake him for damn sure.

"What's up?" I ask her as she keeps her eyes on the ground. She looks worried.

"Ray, something happened and I'm worried." She admits, looking up to me.

"What's going on?" I ask, placing my hand on her shoulder. This isn't normal for Kaye to look so worried. She doesn't like showing weakness. She's had to be tough her entire life with her parents' bullshit. Being abused and exposed to drugs and violence will do that to you.

"Josh's mom called me and asked if we had seen him," she says.

"Why would we know where Josh is? I figured he would be locked in his house, embarrassed about what happened to him the other night." I sneer to the memory of that night he tried to push himself on me.

"That's the thing, he hasn't been seen since that night." She whispered, her misty eyes looking back up to mine.

"What do you mean?" I whisper, looking around for Cole. "What did Cole say happened when we left?" I ask her.

She shook her head, "he said they woke him up and dropped him off at his car. They warned him to stay away from you and left." She quickly looks around, "Something's going on Ray, I can feel it. Cole and Damien were gone a long time when Jacks took us home. I have a feeling Cole's lying." She says as she looks to the wall in front of her.

"I'll talk to Damien and find out if their stories are different," I tell her, pulling her in for a hug. It's so odd to see something shake her like this.

————————————

Damien

I hear a constant buzzing and I peel my eyes open, squinting as the sun shines through my eyelids. I hear the buzzing again and reach for my phone.

I huff as I see it's a Louisiana number. Who the fuck is calling me now?

"Hello?" I answer, clearing my throat.

"Son." I feel my grip tighten around the phone as His voice seethed through the speaker.

"What the fuck do you want?" I grit harshly, looking around the room making sure I don't see any sign of Ray. Where is she?

"Is that any way to speak to your father?" He laughs.

"No, but I'm not talking to any kind of father," I chuckle harshly. "What the fuck do you want," I asked angrily.

"I need you back where you belong. It's time to stop fucking off and get back to business," he says, and I began to laugh.

"Caine, what makes you think I'm coming back, hmm? I told you then and I'll tell you now, fuck you and the shit you destroyed." I spit, feeling my blood begin to boil with anger.

Laughing Caine sighs, "I've let you play around long enough. You're needed at home. You have duties to tend to." He states.

"No, you have pissed off Dante in New York and you think I'll come home and save your ass like usual. I hope he paints the streets with your fucking blood," I laugh bitterly. "If I come home, it will be to place a bullet right between your fucking eyes, as promised." I roar, throwing my phone against the wall.

The door closes and I whip around and see Ray's concerned face. "Damien, is everything ok?" She asked and I mentally curse.

"Yeah, just shit back home," I tell her, wiping my face. "Where did you go?" I asked, hoping to switch the subject.

"Oh, Kaye woke me letting me know that Josh's mom was calling people, looking for him. Goddammit.

"I've been meaning to ask, what happened that night after we left the cave?" She asks me. "I wanted to ask you when I saw you at the club but uh—," she stops as I see her cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

I laugh, grabbing her by the shirt and pulling her down onto the bed. She giggles as she falls in my lap, wrapping her arms around my neck.

I pinch her chin lightly and capture her lips with mine. I groan as her unique taste fills my mouth. Humming, I smirk, "We dropped his ass off at his car and told him to stay the fuck away from you."

She nods and sits up slightly, "I wonder where he could be then?" She says, looking at my chest playing with my chain that holds my family's ring.

"This is beautiful." She whispers as she examines it.

I smile, taking my hand and tucking her hair behind her ear. "It's a family ring that was given to me by my mother," I admit. "It belongs to her father and is always handed down to the next son."

Her eyes glow with curiosity as she looks back up at me. Oh, little love, I wish I could tell you more, but it's not safe. Fuck what am I doing? I'm risking her life as we speak!

"Damien! Ray!" We both snap our heads to the door, just as Cole opens it. I see the aggravation in his eyes when he sees our position. "Uh...pack a bag, enough for a week. Kaye's grandma has offered to let us stay at her beach house in South Carolina. I figure we could celebrate my sis turning nineteen in style." He smirks at Ray. "Kaye needs your help picking out clothes, why don't you go help," he says laughing.

She jumps up with excitement and hugs his neck, "Thank you, Cole!" She squeals.

Once she's out of the room, he looks down at me and sighs, "Police are on the way to question us. They've questioned everyone from the beach party. I figured we could get distance from this after. Keep the attention off us."

Fuck, I'm glad I called Donald when I did. Just hope DJ and Jacks keep up with the details that we previously discussed.