~TWENTY NINE~

"Coffee?" I hear as I walk into the kitchen

"Please," I mumble, ducking my head low as I veer my eyes past Kaye, and see everyone seated at the kitchen table. I grab a chair and become seated, it's quiet and my irritation heightens when I feel everyone's eyes on me. I crack my neck, which is sore from the slumber party I had on the front lawn. I stare down at the table, wincing as I felt a sharp pain shoot through my head. Fuck, why did I have to drink the entire bottle?

"What the fuck happened with you last night?" Cole asks. I raise my eyes from the table and notice how everyone's looking at me.

"Honestly, I have no fucking clue," I answer, nodding my head to Kaye as she hands me the cup of coffee. "I can barely remember guzzling half of that bottle." I grab my phone from my pocket and recheck for messages. Nothing. Not one fucking text from that fucking bastard.

"You disappeared after you trashed the guest room Ray was staying in." Nick looks at me, frowning. "Brother, I've seen you destroy many things over the years. This is the first I've seen you react over a female." He studies me, lips slightly pursed.

"I didn't think I had a babysitter." I glare, squinting as he raised a brow.

"You don't, but it's me, Damien. We've known each other forever." His lips tilt in a half-smirk. He's right. I can't count the times he's been at my side, but right now I don't care. I only care about what's going on with Ray and what my fucked-up father is planning. I don't believe his bullshit note. He's up to something and I need to figure out what that is before he has the chance to follow through.

"Zane called while you were passed out on the lawn." Jacks speaks while pulling out his phone.

"I need to let him know I won't be returning." I mentally curse. Damn, I've completely forgotten about my job. I could care less about it right now, but Zane has been good to me, I'd rather leave on good terms.

"Yes, that would be nice for you to do, but that's not why he called." Cole chuckles. I look at Cole questioningly. "I had him keep tabs on what's going on back home. He's got connections in law enforcement. Seems our problem is no longer." He nods, and I raised both eyebrows, relieved but also intrigued at how it was dealt with.

"Oh, is that so?" I ask, noticing Kaye looking towards Cole, confused.

"What problem?" She asked sitting down beside him.

"Kaye, this isn't any of your concern. How about you girls get shit packed up, while we get some sort of plan going to get my sister back?" He insists, and I don't miss her hurt reaction at how harsh he was. This is the first I've seen him be hard on her, but he's right. She doesn't need to know about things that could come back on her. She stands with a hard look on her face and leaves without a word, Chelsea hot on her heels.