~ELEVEN~

Rayleigh

"How are you doing, love?" Kaye asks, sliding beside me on the couch.

I look up to her and blow out a breath, "considering what happened, I'm ok, I guess."

She squeezed my hand and gave me a half-smile, "I can't imagine what's swimming around that head of yours." She let my hand go and rested her head back against the cushion.

"If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would never have believed that Damien did that to Josh. I'd assume it was an exaggeration." She stares ahead, remembering the look on Josh's face.

"I don't want to worry anyone, but Josh could press charges on him, Ray. He could be looking at some jail time for the damage he did. I'm surprised the man is still breathing," she says, looking over at me.

I haven't seen Damien since Cole and the guys entered the cave and it's been three hours since the incident. Cole had Jacks drop Kaye and me at home, after dropping Amy by her place. I hadn't missed how she glowered at me most of the ride either.

"Honestly, he scares the shit out of me. Not that I was scared he was going to hurt me but scared he was going to kill him," I confess, picturing Damien's fist hitting Josh over and over.

"It was like he flipped a switch or something with no way of turning it off. I couldn't tell you how scary that was," I admit, tears clouding my vision.

"I can understand him scaring you. I'm sure watching someone get beaten could be a horrific experience," she tries to comfort me.

Shaking my head, "no, that's not why I was scared. When Josh wouldn't let me go, I was scared of what he might do to me. How long it would take before anyone found us? The relief that coursed through my body when Damien jerked him away from me is indescribable." I wipe my eyes and then pull my legs up to my chest.

Placing my chin on my knees, I try to explain, "when Damien began punching him, I expected that. Hell, I would have expected that from any of the guys, including my brother. But once Josh hit the ground, I noticed he wasn't moving or trying to shield himself from the blows. I felt this gripping fear, if he kills Josh, there goes Damien's life. He'd just throw his life away for what?" I rolled my eyes as I laughed bitterly. "Keeping some shit-bag from getting handsy? Even if Josh had done it, I would never want Damien to kill him for me. I'm sure I would have moved on from the ordeal, pulled myself back up lived a normal life, eventually...but Damien couldn't come back from that. He couldn't pull himself back up and try to live a normal life. After he gets thrown into prison, that's it, his entire life will be ripped from him. Thank God I snapped him out of it and got him to stop hitting him." I sniffle, whike Kaye hands me the bottle of Bourbon she must have brought with her.

I twist open the top and quickly take a big swig, "Fuck, that burned like a bitch!" I say in between coughs, rubbing my chest feeling the burn of the liquid sliding down. I flip Kaye off as she laughs. The evil bitch...

She grabbed the bottle from my hands and mimicked what I did. She's used to drinking so the cocky bitch didn't cough. She winks at me smiling, and I roll my eyes at her.

She wipes her mouth with the back of her hand as she stares at me. Cocking an eyebrow, I wonder why the fuck she's staring at me like that. Her eyes are slightly squinting, as she has her bottom lip trapped between her teeth.

"Wow," she finally says. "I have never been in your place, you're always the smart one or the wise one. I like feeling like I'm the smart one, for once. But I don't like being the person who points out the obvious. That's usually your job," She chuckles.

I'm unsure where she's going with this, "honestly Ray, if the roles were reversed you would happily help point out those big signs hanging over your head." She shakes her head and takes another swig from the liquor bottle.