Prologue

Damien

"God. I can't wait to get the fuck out of here." Cole, my dorm mate, grumbled, tossing his arm over his eyes.

"I bet I know why," I mused. "How are things going with the vivacious blonde hair sassy mouth beauty back home?"  I asked and laughed when he flipped me off.

"So, are you going back home now since you got your business degree?" he asked, peeking at me under his arm.

I harumphed. "Nah. You know, home isn't quite the same without my mom there anymore."

My mother's face instantly flashed before my eyes, sending a sting to my heart. I miss her more and more every day.

"Then what's your plan?" he asked me.

Licking the blunt wrap filled with weed, I twisted it tightly at the end and balanced it between my lips. "I haven't figured it out just yet. I suppose I should start though," I chuckled and then lit the end, slowly inhaling a long drag.

He pinched the blunt from my fingers as I blew out a lung full of purple haze, and instantly started coughing.

"Shit, man. Why not come back home with me?" he suddenly asked before taking a hit from the blunt.

I laughed. "So we can get high with your hometown buddies and piss away the summer."

"Well, yeah. That and check out the new underground club my buddy Jacks told me about last week. I know the owner, I'm sure I can see if he needs any help—you know, put some money in our pockets for the summer."

Spearing a hand through my hair, I couldn't deny to myself that his offer sounded pretty sweet.

Raising a brow, I looked at him, questionably. "Your mom would be ok with a guy she doesn't even know staying there for the summer?"

He laughed. "My mom won't be a problem, trust me."

Hell, what could be the harm in blowing off steam for the summer?

Inhaling another drag from the blunt, I smirked at him. "Fuck it. Count me in."