~NINE~

Damien

I've tossed and turned all goddamn night, and I'm still pissed at her for how she acted. I mean, I was honest with her. I could have kept it to myself and not warned her that I'm not into relationships.

Usually, when I ask someone to become my submissive, I already have the contract printed. I make them read every single line. Then we'd discuss and make mutually agreed upon adjustments before we both sign.

I have two contracts. One lasts thirty days and one that lasts three months. I was going to let her choose, let her read it over, and go from there. But she jumped up and stormed inside my truck demanding I take her home.

Hearing that I didn't do relationships is what caused her outburst. I made sure, to be honest, and upfront. I can't do relationships. I swore to myself when I was younger after seeing my father mentally and physically abuse my mother that when I grew older, I wouldn't allow myself to get attached to a woman.

I'd never want another woman to go through what my mother went through. No way I could live with myself if I ever treated a woman like my father treated her. If I don't commit and do no longer than three months, I'll never have to test it.

My father wasn't always so bad. Of course, the man was a pure fuck head, but he used to love and cherish my mother. I've seen it myself, the smiles she used to wear. She didn't smile much leading up to her death.

No, she lived in fear and humiliation. She was broken. She would try to hide it with makeup, scarves, and dark sunglasses, but I saw through her attempts. I was determined from that point on, I would never allow myself an opportunity to do what he did to her. I came from him. Molded and taught by him.

I should be happy she got upset and told me to go to hell. I should've never gone as far as I did with her. I was so caught up in her that I didn't care who got hurt or how much shit I could have created.

She was fucking amazing. Her sweet little moans. Her body felt so warm and soft. Her movements as she obeyed my words. What the fuck is happening to me??

"Damien, you up?" I hear from outside my door. Rubbing my hands over my face, I check the time and realize it's already two in the afternoon.

I open the door to Cole standing on the other side with a smirk on his face, "looks like you had a great night's sleep," he says in amusement.

"You're hilarious," I roll my eyes. "So, what did you want?" I ask.

"Well, I came to make sure you were up. Josh Williams has a bonfire planned for this evening and I thought I would bring you with me. Introduce you to some crazy-ass friends," he laughs.

"I don't know Cole, I've had the worst sleep possible and it's my last day off from the club for who knows how long." I mentally groan at the thought of going to work tomorrow night. Not that I mind going to work, but it's "show" night. The big talent from around the state come and play scenes in front of an open audience. I love seeing those and I can't watch them if I'm working.

"Come on!" He whines, "Jacks is going to bring some good bud. Smoking and having a few drinks won't make you have to exert yourself," he tries to persuade.

"Fine. But I can't get wasted. I don't want a fucking hangover," I grumble, hearing Cole laugh.

"Sure, sure," he rolls his eyes. "Be ready by six." He says, walking to his room and closing the door behind him.

I notice it's quiet. I'm guessing Ray hasn't climbed out of bed yet. I'm sure our conversation didn't make it easy for her to fall asleep. I need to set some time out in the next few days to speak with her just to make sure we're cool. I don't want things to be awkward. I'm sure it would raise suspicion to Cole and Kaye.