~Thirty~

It's been two days since I've spoken to Damien

It's been two days since I've spoken to Damien. He won't answer my calls and it's breaking me. It hurts deeply that he refuses to speak to me.

I came here for him, and since he won't speak to me, it leads me to conclude that he doesn't want anyone knowing we're together. I mean, what else would he be upset about? I came here so he wouldn't use me as a reason not to come home... and now he's upset?

Looking up at the beautiful building, checking my phone for the time. They should be here, they had told me 1 p.m. It's exactly one now.

I straighten out my dress, as I pull off my sunglasses and place them in my purse. Caine wasn't lying when he said he had bought me new clothes. I had almost fainted at the size of my closet and the number of items in it. Let's just say, I won't be wearing any item more than once, Kaye would have a fucking field day!

Stepping inside the biggest hotel in New Orleans, I have to force my mouth to stay closed. Everyone would notice my jaw on the floor and I didn't want to show everyone how astonished and unfamiliar I was with a wealthy lifestyle. This was only the entrance! I am totally out of my element...

White marble floors so shiny and clean you could see your reflection like it was a mirror! Holy shit, I honestly don't know if I could ever get used to the rich life.

Hearing my heels clicking as I walked, I hold my head high, as I keep walking towards the front desk. I immediately notice the huge chandelier hanging above my head. It's fucking gorgeous. How much did that thing cost?

I finally make it to the front desk and clear my throat, grabbing the woman's attention who is busy typing away on her computer.

She looks up from her screen, "Hi, how may I help you miss?" She asks, a big smile plastered on her face as she scanned my outfit. "Yes, I am meeting a couple of women here, could you possibly point me to your bar please?" I asked, smiling back at her.

"Of course." she stands and walks around the desk as she gestures for me to follow her. "Right this way." She walks in front of me, then began walking down a flight of stairs right off to the side of the front desk.

Finally reaching an open room, I see the small bar area. It's not crowded, thank God. "Here you are." The lady said. Her eyes are a dark brown that matched her. She wore a navy-blue jacket, with a matching blue skirt. I look at her name tag on the lapel of her jacket, dipping my head, "Thank you, Belle." She smiles and then walks back to the stairs, leaving me at the entrance of the bar.

I take a deep breath and let it out, fluffing my hair, feeling my nerves begin to settle. Since I have no idea what is going on with Damien and myself, I've been uneasy. I can count on one hand how many hours of sleep I've gotten since arriving in New Orleans with Damien's father.

The mansion seems so depressing and lonely. I miss Kaye and most of all I miss Damien. Kaye's been calling me nonstop, but I don't want to talk to her over the phone about me leaving. I wouldn't put it past Caine to have the phone he bought me bugged, or hell maybe even hidden cameras posted up in my room.