~THIRTEEN~

Taking deep breaths—eyes closed, I nervously sit in the parking lot of Platinum Pleasures

Taking deep breaths—eyes closed, I nervously sit in the parking lot of Platinum Pleasures. The air seemed muggier than usual. When that happens, it's a sign that a storm is brewing, a much-needed summer storm. The temperatures have soared over the past week, reaching close to triple digits. The earth is screaming for a much-needed shower, needing to be cooled down.

I slowly open my eyes, as I feel the sweat misting my skin. Staring at the soft silver glow of the club's sign I curse under my breath. "Damn."

Shit, why did I even come? I should have just called and canceled. Who cares if I piss off Zane? Why should I give two shits if Zane tells Cole or not?

In just a short few weeks, I'll be nineteen. I'm a fucking adult and it's about damn time Cole started treating me like one. He sure does as he wishes. Hell, I called him numerous times tonight trying to find out where he was. Kaye was worried sick about him before I snuck out. How is it that he doesn't have to answer to anyone, but I'm always made to tell him where I'm going and who with?

I hesitated when I grabbed my keys from the hook to head over to the club. I hopped in my dad's truck, it's the one thing I hold close to my heart, it's where I feel my father the most. When dad died, he asked to be laid beside my grandfather in Georgia, so this is the only place I had that I could feel a connection to him.

I'm grateful that my father left me his 1963 classic Chevy truck that he and I had spent years perfecting. I'm not a tom-boy, but you bet your ass I was right beside him, helping restore this classic the very first day he brought the rusted thing home.

Cole got his motorcycle because God-forbid he let his daughter risk her life on one. I remember how he wouldn't even let me ride with him when I begged him to. "No way Princess. These are not meant for precious gifts like you." He had said every time, earning himself a very pissed off daughter. How many times had I envied Cole, crying as I watched him climb on the back, as they pulled out of the driveway hearing the loud noise it always made coming from the tailpipes, leaving me with mom trying to console me.

I haven't budged from this spot for almost an hour. I came an hour early, knowing I would need a good amount of time to work up the courage to go inside. I have no clue what's in store for me.

And that scares the shit out of me...

I've only been in here once, and even though the experience was amazing, mind-blowing even, I left here scared shitless. The way I let go and gave my body over to Damien was exciting and scary at the same time. Letting him take complete control over my body and my willpower.

Seeing it now, I truly believe my mind had known it was him before I accepted the truth. Shit, If I'm being honest, I was relieved and saddened when I didn't see Damien's truck here when I pulled in. I searched and searched and there was no sign of him.